These new aluminium "steelie" wheels from the fjcompany are pretty sweet! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know that 99.99999% of Landcruiser owners don't race the Baja, but here's why the Baja racers quit running aluminum wheels: When you bend a steel wheel on a rock, you merely hammer it back into drivable shape, and keep racing. When you crack an aluminum wheel on a rock, better hope you have a good spare, plus enough cash to replace the bitch.

This is not exactly correct. In Baja we don't run CAST aluminum wheels. However, forged aluminum wheels are very common (Centerline wheels). You can pound a forged aluminum wheel back into shape. The cast will tent to just break (Crack).

Is that hoop on the back behind the factory roll bar for a "long" bikini top? I have been thinking about making something like that to cover the whole truck. How did you mount it at the base?

Exactly what it's for. We welded 2 tubes to the roll bar at the bottom...the hoop simply slides into those tubes(they're probably 3 or 4" long). It's a good setup and allows the rear bar to come out.

The FJ Company.

This is not exactly correct. In Baja we don't run CAST aluminum wheels. However, forged aluminum wheels are very common (Centerline wheels). You can pound a forged aluminum wheel back into shape. The cast will tent to just break (Crack).
Ok, except I actually cracked one of my Centerline wheels as well- - -just saying.

I know that 99.99999% of Landcruiser owners don't race the Baja, but here's why the Baja racers quit running aluminum wheels: When you bend a steel wheel on a rock, you merely hammer it back into drivable shape, and keep racing. When you crack an aluminum wheel on a rock, better hope you have a good spare, plus enough cash to replace the bitch.

Yep. Steel wheels can be repaired easily on the spot.

Repaired many of them back in the day when I worked at discount tire for people too cheap to buy replacement. It won’t always be vibration free though!

Hey guys - thanks for sharing info about the FJCO Wheels. We finally got a new batch into production with the manufacturer (BRAID) and will be available for delivery in November Pre-Sale: The FJCO Expedition Wheels (6 Lug) - sorry for the delay, but things have been "a little weird" lately.

For clarity, they come in gray (not black) and they are 6-lug. Some of the builds on our website have a 5-lug pattern which is NOT available for retail sale. They all come with screw-on clips which you can use if you decide to use hupcaps.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 9.31.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 9.34.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 9.36.17 AM.png

Hey guys - thanks for sharing info about the FJCO Wheels. We finally got a new batch into production with the manufacturer (BRAID) and will be available for delivery in November Pre-Sale: The FJCO Expedition Wheels (6 Lug) - sorry for the delay, but things have been "a little weird" lately.

For clarity, they come in gray (not black) and they are 6-lug. Some of the builds on our website have a 5-lug pattern which is NOT available for retail sale. They all come with screw-on clips which you can use if you decide to use hupcaps.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

View attachment 2370510

View attachment 2370512

View attachment 2370517
Is there a Mud discount code?

Is there a Mud discount code?
Unfortunately, no discounts. HOWEVER, since you asked, we'll throw in an FJCO Hat for MUD members. Logo Hat Just add it to your cart and in the check out use this discount code: IWILLGETMYHATMUDDY :):)

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 12.01.43 PM.png

Wait what? I want a hat!!!;)

Wow! Thanks!

Me too?!

Yeah, go ahead... forward the invoice to info@fj.co. If we already shipped your wheels (from the first batch), we'll just send the hat to the same address. If it's a new order, the hat will be shipped with the wheels in November. Remember to specify IWILLGETMYHATMUDDY

Very cool. :)

Sweet wheels! I looked at these at one point before deciding to stick with the stock wheels.

Screenshot_2019-08-28-11-04-10.png

Ok maybe that’s why some are going to 16” I wonder if a 16” w a 255/85 would ride/ steer better than my 33/10.5/15?

Hard to beat the 255 for tall and skinny.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom