Thermal Dynamics PAK 2XT Plasma Cutter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody know anything about the mfr, model, good/bad?
Guy wants $800. Seems kinda pricey to me. I'll never cut anything thicker than 1/4" which it is rated for. 230V, external air source.

C'Mon welders, fabbers......

Thanks,

Ed

I've never been to Outfitting before.....what should I wear?

From whaqt I've heard, ThermaDyne is a decent MFR. We use a 50 Amp version at work. Cuts fairly clean. Seems to take forever to light the first time, but it's ok after that.

As for what to wear, anything you would wear 4wheeling is appropriate.

make sure what ever you do if your gonna get a plasma get a huge air source. dont F around with the air sourse youll need it. ask me how i know.......

"As for what to wear, anything you would wear 4wheeling is appropriate."

Actually, I was joking about what to wear, it related to "Outfitting" more than plasma cutting. As in ....never been here before....what should I wear?

Glad to know it is a reputable manufacturer. As to the air source, I have a 60 gallon 130 psi compressor and have been warned to use the separator as "wet" air will f'up the unit.

Talk value if you can. Seems pricey to me as they don't list that as a currently made unit. No idea how old it is or what the service life is.

Thanks all,

Ed

i just bought a hypotherm 380 nice unit i got it new for $1000 shipped to my door. cuts real thick. every one i have talked to says this is the model they will go with. I like it alot other then not having a good air source I.E. i have to wait for the compressor to do its job some times.

What is the amp rating and or cutting thickness of that Hypertherm 380? Just to give me a comparison.
Thanks for all the input.

Ed

1/4" (6 mm) Recommended Capacity
3/8" (10 mm) Maximum Capacity
1/2" (12 mm) Severance Capacity

The leader in 115/230-volt air
plasma cutting performance

Degnol said:
Actually, I was joking about what to wear, it related to "Outfitting" more than plasma cutting. As in ....never been here before....what should I wear?

And I was just playing along. :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom