Builds The Warthog v4.4 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That video really puts it into perspective. Crazy you are in a truck with a 2F in it!

A nearly 6000# vehicle with a rooftop tent and 2 people to boot. That was just a gentle roll in 5th gear too. No real run up. Was just wanting to video all the pigs and they were going 65!

A nearly 6000# vehicle with a rooftop tent and 2 people to boot. That was just a gentle roll in 5th gear too. No real run up. Was just wanting to video all the pigs and they were going 65!
I was feeling real good about what I was getting out of my pig, then I saw you in the mirror. Humbled

I was feeling real good about what I was getting out of my pig, then I saw you in the mirror. Humbled

You killed it in that thing. That was me last year. Just happy it ran.

You killed it in that thing. That was me last year. Just happy it ran.
Me too. My jaw about hit the floor when Ande led us onto the interstate! Truthfully, I needed that because the more I pushed the piggy the better she ran. I am glad I got to see you and your 55 last weekend and look forward to making mine better.

How far apart are the two videos? You’ve burned through a 1/4 tank of jet fuel in that time.:smokin:

The ole Warthog averaged about 11 mpg. Whatever. It rocks. I smashed an 80 mile trip to and from the Cottonland meeting tonight.
2700 rpm and 75. This thing just laughs.

FCF9E03C-83F0-4B4D-8113-3E0FD58AF4D6.jpeg

A0387851-5E73-41B9-B70D-2BAA2B6FD9E9.jpeg

A6673932-A5ED-418F-B83B-184F8BBF30A6.jpeg

Funny first pic, you can see your right foot is firmly planted!! Good numbers for an obese pig! Nice to see the hog in action again!

Right at 6000# today with the drag of the tent.

I loves 75 mpg but anything over 85 is physics pushing back

Last thing for the day.....

Setting up the Lokar throttle cable and the Lokar bracket.

@under_psi came out and helped me wrap my hands around the mechanics and make a plan

We drilled a hole at about 11:00 on the stock hole to have a nice flat spot to mount the cable to.

View attachment 1918969

Then we chopped the pedal arm off where it curves into the firewall. After that we drilled out the throttle linkage stud then took the piece we cut off and welded it to the pedal.

View attachment 1918970

View attachment 1918971

I plugged the hole in the OEM accordion bushing And reinstalled that.

Done. Done for the day. Lots of progress but slow.....

View attachment 1918972
What is the purpose of the the new cable? Does the stock cable not fit with the Sniper? I am doing this mod now and following your thread closely. Also you are using 5/16 fuel hose. I thought 3/8 was the norm.

What is the purpose of the the new cable? Does the stock cable not fit with the Sniper? I am doing this mod now and following your thread closely. Also you are using 5/16 fuel hose. I thought 3/8 was the norm.

3/8 feed and 5/16” return from the PowerSurge. That’s their spec.

3/8” both in and out of the Sniper to the PowerSurge per Holly Spec.

The current Sniper I’m doing on a 40 series I’m using an in-tank pump and it will get 3/8” both ways.

As for the cable. The early 40s and 55’s have pedals designed for a stock cable. They will work fine.

These trucks with the mechanical linkage need a cable that will pull from
The front

I had to work in north Mississippi today and I also had some big bulky parts and tires I needed to deliver so I loaded up the Warthog and made the trip instead of with the 4Runner.

Weather was great for a Pig day and the Warthog is such a great road machine.

350 miles today. Tomorrow more of the same. What a beast this Mosley Motors Cop motor is. One finger cruising at 75 with 25% throttle. It’s nuts

323DB115-ED02-4ABE-9DB9-BDCCCF988326.jpeg

FF0746BA-249C-4703-98B6-F44A5EBA70C2.jpeg

C404CAA4-E0D2-43D6-A7FC-5994A54BAFC5.jpeg

Nolen, isn't your speedometer gear matched to 7.00-15, or H78-15?

If so, and unless this isn't Montana, "Drivers license, insurance, and registration please."

It’s dead on balls accurate somehow. Georg likes to say he made it that way but who knows.

I was just 5-8 over the limit. .......

This guy pulled me over a while back saying my Tag did not come back as a Land Cruiser.

Turns out he did not know what a Pig was

F646B57A-1B9C-48E9-9AC5-8BB8D04984FC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom