Builds The Warthog v4.4 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What RPM did each engine make peak torque?

Can you see the small print?

BEC1E35F-0103-4B9F-993C-304947639040.jpeg

What RPM did each engine make peak torque?

Stock - 1850, then a quick decline

4.4 - picked up where stock left off, then rose to a flat peak from 2500-3750

(Top lines on graph)

AF67E14F-6E49-4904-B5EE-49DF9DD0E7AE.png

Flat torque curve. Nice

@wngrog is gonna be betting people they can't grab a $20 off the dash under acceleration!

@wngrog is gonna be betting people they can't grab a $20 off the dash under acceleration!

I was thinking the large boob no bra thing the track guys do would be more appropriate

Flat torque curve. Nice

The monster engine dyno guy really liked both lines for this motor. He kinda got what we were doing and thought it was a good, reliable way to add some ass to a classic motor without blowing the budget.

There is plenty more to be had with the 2F.

I was thinking the large boob no bra thing the track guys do would be more appropriate

Maybe add a few RR crossing jumps :grinpimp:

The monster engine dyno guy really liked both lines for this motor. He kinda got what we were doing and thought it was a good, reliable way to add some ass to a classic motor without blowing the budget.

There is plenty more to be had with the 2F.

That said, he mentioned turbo more than once :steer:

Instrumentation issues or drive train issues with erratic data for the stock setup?

Instrumentation issues or drive train issues with erratic data for the stock setup?

Doubt it was instrumentation issues.

It was a stock carb’d, smog’d 60 vs a fuel injected fresh engine.

No doubt it was not fresh, but seemed to be a typical runner. Started easily when cold, drove normally without and hiccups, hesitations or stumbles. I did make sure to leave the AC off for maximum boost!

The owner said it was the best motor out of his fleet and just had it serviced.

On Nolen’s graph, my shop says his squiggles are from intake choking. It should keep climbing.

F3ADCFF4-169B-4749-B692-BEBBDBB884B2.jpeg

Yeah. Live and learn. I should have unhooked the snorkel. That accordion hose at a 45 degree angle is not the best way to get air into the Motor.

Keep in mind also, we brought in the stocker
Just for some baseline to use as gains off a typical motor. Not many people pull brand new motors out to have them rebuilt.

Also know that if Cam was strictly out there to brag on numbers the Dyno guy had a million tricks to make the numbers look better.

This should be the focus of this thread right now, not the technical mumbo jumbo.

Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve updated this thread. I keep my build thread updated with the small stuff that’s always going on with this truck though (link in signature)

I’ve got about 2000 post build miles on the truck now. It’s been really trouble free. I’ve been fooling with little things but mostly it’s been good.

So today I jumped in the Warthog and drove to Tractor supply for some stuff and it was really bogging down at full throttle.

The display was lit up with all the wrong numbers

AA465D80-955A-45C4-93C6-76D8CA56587C.jpeg

I found some shade at Tractor Supply and peeked at the clear OEM fuel filter and it looked dirty.

Here is my plug for using the PowerSurge. Having that clear filter is so awesome.

I popped one on and a new high pressure Earl’s filter then filled the tank up with some fresh gas.

Issue solved.

Here is a plug for the Sniper readout. The air/fuel ratio and duty cycle numbers being all out of whack pointed me right to the issue

Last edited:
Where do you think the trash in the gas came from? New tank right? bad gas from station? Thanks for the updates.

Where do you think the trash in the gas came from? New tank right? bad gas from station? Thanks for the updates.

Had to be. Sucks. That means it’s likely still some in there. I’ll watch the Toyota filter a bit closer.

I have been trying to just add about 20
Gallons as I go. I don’t like it with 55 gallons back there. It’s heavy.

Had to be. Sucks. That means it’s likely still some in there. I’ll watch the Toyota filter a bit closer.

I have been trying to just add about 20
Gallons as I go. I don’t like it with 55 gallons back there. It’s heavy.
Probably wallows like a pig with 55 gallons in there.
:rimshot:

Just got back from the Southern Swine Soirée in the Warthog.
I can happily report all systems are still go.
This Mosley Motors 2F continues to impress. I ran 70-75 the entire trip to and from this 1030 trip. It’s amazing the power this thing has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom