The trip to Jarbidge that didn't happen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dan and I talked about that during our trip. It would take some work, but we are pretty sure everyone would have a great time and see some incredible country, because like most things, the pictures don't do the places justice. The only problem we kind of ran into was finding a spot large enough for our two camps, much less a large group.

Jack
I think planning would require some extensive recon. It's a tough job but we know you are up for it.:D

If you want I know of a few remote places we have discovered that would take groups of 5-6 rigs.

Oh I think the key would be to keep it very small in terms of group size--5-7 trucks max.

But I really would like to do this while petrol prices are still reasonable.

So what are you trying to say?! You want to do it next weekend or what? :D

So what are you trying to say?! You want to do it next weekend or what? :D

Get a job already, your starting to piss off us working folks.:flipoff2:

You know that's jealousy talking right?:grinpimp:

Last edited:
Get a job already, your starting to piss of us working folks.:flipoff2:

You know that's jealousy talking right?:grinpimp:

Hey...don't blame me...Beno was sounding like he wanted to do it sooner rather than later with his comment "...to do this while fuel prices are still reasonable".

I was only trying to help in his quest for sooner rather than later :flipoff2:.

Let's get it on boyz...I'm starting to run into blankcalendaritus :flipoff2::flipoff2:

Beno was sounding like he wanted to do it sooner rather than later with his comment "...to do this while fuel prices are still reasonable".

Well I wasn't thinking too soon--more like Spring of 10.

I've got very little time off left on my plate (unlike you Dan :flipoff2: )...I've got CMCC in two weeks I have to get to and then SnT in the Fall.

I was thinking like this year's Utah adventure Dan--sort of around the same time as CM10 (though I am not at all interested in going this year and can easily skip it if we are going to be on the trail for 2 weeks in Nevada).

Anyway, just throwing it out there. Nothing conclusive or concrete.

And get a job Dan!

:p

Well I wasn't thinking too soon--more like Spring of 10.

I've got very little time off left on my plate (unlike you Dan :flipoff2: )...I've got CMCC in two weeks I have to get to and then SnT in the Fall.

I was thinking like this year's Utah adventure Dan--sort of around the same time as CM10 (though I am not at all interested in going this year and can easily skip it if we are going to be on the trail for 2 weeks in Nevada).

Anyway, just throwing it out there. Nothing conclusive or concrete.

And get a job Dan!

:p

I DO have a job...it just doesn't pay anything :rolleyes:.

IMO the best months to plan a tour of Nevada (central) would be late April, May & June. This year was an anomaly with the wet cool weather.

Just say when and we'll plan it.

Oh yeah: You can't come if you are worried about pin-striping (or even body damage like this year's trip) :D. J, D & I have a reputation to uphold...we try to find the most overgrown trails imaginable. But then we get to see some cool sights that few have...

Man I was thinking about this trip as I drove back and forth from SLC. I keep looking at the mountains and the myriad of roads and thinking where does that one go................

ken

bty I managed to avoid the radar gun this time, NHP must take off fridays.

Oh yeah: You can't come if you are worried about pin-striping (or even body damage like this year's trip) :D. J, D & I have a reputation to uphold...we try to find the most overgrown trails imaginable. But then we get to see some cool sights that few have...

This will not be a problem with me or my truck....

;)

I DO have a job...it just doesn't pay anything :rolleyes:.

IMO the best months to plan a tour of Nevada (central) would be late April, May & June. This year was an anomaly with the wet cool weather.

Just say when and we'll plan it.

Fall ain't a bad time for touring Nevada either, unless you are busy scouting and hunting Chuckar.:lol:

And yes these guys find the most overgrown and toughest trails in the state. But the payoff is well worth it.

The "Un-Jarbidge" Adventure blog

Ok...this is my first blog attempt. It still needs a little tweaking; but maybe you'll enjoy what is there. Can't quite figure out why some text and some photos don't display even though they do on my pre-publish preview (Alvaro: HELP!) And for whatever reason the link is represented by the "?" below :rolleyes:

?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom