The Prarie Dog Safari (60 series content). (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A rancher near Sunray, Texas asked us to get rid of some varmints. Several stock had broke a leg in their holes. We each used 22-250 in Remington Varmint Special, Stainless Fluted. Small varmints taken at 200 to 300 yards. Pics are of Doctor Morgan and his father in law and of the rancher. When I pulled up the rancher said, "that looks like the perfect huntin rig." I said, "it is." Drove 2 hrs to and from with passengers and gear, drove around in fields all day, then a little 4 wheelin for Dr. Morgans New York father in law, then home and we all had bar b que. Yeah, Texas rules. :grinpimp:

That's page is just sick and dumb.

Alvaro

Holy crap. Gross, but necessary. What kind of bullets are being used...I may just be uneducated here, but why are the dogs splitting in half and blowing up? Is that what happens with a normal .22 shot...or are these guys taking it to the next level with a modified round?

.22-250 is essentially a heavier round in .22 cal inserted into a necked down 30.06 case IIRC. Little bitty flat shooting round with a whole lot of powder behind it. Superfast and flat shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom