The need for a working gas gauge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.lextechautomotivellc.com
This ones for BBQ Boy, i'm sure Brock will have fun with this one:popcorn:
Im Mikes defense, I did repair wiring to the sender but now the gauge has failed.
080617-135309-958007.jpg

yea, I wound up getting stranded on the side of the road. iu thougfht I was going to die of dehydration. I tried to wave Brock down to help me but he just smiled, waved and laughed.
The only thing working onmy cluster well...actually nothing. Is there any place where I can get new quages or a whole new cluster.

I've got the opposite problem, My gas gauge says empty when I have 1/2 tank left.
I look on the donor, but don't hold your breath.

now you know that is not true...i did not wave and smile and keep going. I would have stopped if I had driven past you...and offered assistance.

though you would have had to wear Jims bikini when you rode in my GIRLY-FJ!

:D :D :D :D

At the least I would have given your wife a ride to get Glenn to help you...:D :D LOL

seriously though...where were you at when it happened? Anytime that happens...give me a call so I can come and take pictures and get a laugh...I mean help you through your ordeal and make sure you are safe.

No seriously...call if you are in West Ashley or North Chuck...I will come and help what I can or tow you home with a tow strap.

Us old school motorcycle guys dont have gas gauges either....you know how we can tell if we are going to run out of gas without waiting for it to happen? We run it one time to reserve and see how many miles we get.....then every time we fill up we reset our trip meter and when it gets close we start looking for gas. I did it that way for a couple years on an old Jeep....just a habit you got to start if you arent going to have working gauges or sending unit...LOL

You might check Toyota first - CDAN would know for sure.....Otherwise I'd check CCOT, SOR, then eBay probably in that order.....Maybe eBay first....I've seen some nice restored gauge cluster/packages on there...
Then again there's that CCOT calendar you can get if you buy from them....

I'd ohm out the sending unit to rule that out first maybe.....

Who would want that CCOT Calendar? Not that it should influence your decision...

I would bet Ralph Hayes Toyota or Sparks Toyota could get one for you...they still have most of the OEM parts in stock for those rigs. Call Ken at SPARKS and see what he can do...I got his number somewhere if you need it.

Yeah, that would probably be a good idea.....Cruiser Dan has me spoiled with what he knows and can get working at Toyota but local would be legit....If not, here's CDAN's #......Same discount or better on some items as we get through local I believe...
Cruiser Dan at American Toyota Phone is 1-800-432-6668 ext. 8

My wife said all the CCOT girls were trannys.....lol......Can't wait for you to meet her....lol

Mike come by my office tomorrow. I have a gauge for you. It's been riding in the back of my car for about 3 months while I have been trying, not very diligently, to sell it on here. If it works you can just pay me what you think it's worth, if it doesn't you can have it.

Jeremy

No gauge cluster left in the donor, but it may be in a box somewhere.
You guys can come by anytime and take a look at what is left and what is in boxes around, If you can help me clean out of this stuff I would appreciate it.

Yeah, Traci will be there with me.....Looking forward to it....

David, What year was the donor again? I might need another look.....

It's a '79, but there are also a bunch of 72 parts and also some parts off of the '70 donor
(Did I mention FREE to good (or other)home??)

now you know that is not true...i did not wave and smile and keep going. I would have stopped if I had driven past you...and offered assistance.

though you would have had to wear Jims bikini when you rode in my GIRLY-FJ!

:D :D :D :D

At the least I would have given your wife a ride to get Glenn to help you...:D :D LOL

seriously though...where were you at when it happened? Anytime that happens...give me a call so I can come and take pictures and get a laugh...I mean help you through your ordeal and make sure you are safe.

No seriously...call if you are in West Ashley or North Chuck...I will come and help what I can or tow you home with a tow strap.

Us old school motorcycle guys dont have gas gauges either....you know how we can tell if we are going to run out of gas without waiting for it to happen? We run it one time to reserve and see how many miles we get.....then every time we fill up we reset our trip meter and when it gets close we start looking for gas. I did it that way for a couple years on an old Jeep....just a habit you got to start if you arent going to have working gauges or sending unit...LOL

Us old school bike types also have the advantage that the gas in the tank is visible without even getting off the seat. But I too set the trip meter and search at 90 miles for my bike. Did sort of the same thing in Davids 62 as it will show empty when it has nearly a half a tank. Doc:cheers:

No working gas gauge in my 40 either. Luckily mine has the underseat gas tank. A quick tap or two lets me know if I am getting low.

Jeremy, the '79 didn't come w/ motor, trans, or transfer case

Mine might work as well for a lot less money. Won't know unless he tries it. I don't think it takes but a couple of minutes to swap one out. Mine has a little bit of oxidation on the lower gauge faces, but it could probably be cleaned up if taken apart. I have the cable with it as well.

That one does look good if it does in fact all work. I have heard that guy is a little bit on the slow side to respond to people though. He sells on here a lot.

Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom