The "Hidden" GPS Mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have always hated portable GPS systems bc they require the mount to be on the windshield and so after my first one got stolen i have been looking to make it a little more hidden.

ok so i got the idea from dpodo's thread on putting the GPS into the sun visor (over on T4R.org).. well from what i found out, the 4th gen sun visors are made much better then the ones we have in the 3rd gens so i had to get sort of creative. The visor on the 3rd gens are only stuffed with foam and a piece of cardboard.

Well here are some pics of my process that ive done and its still being worked on so that the final product will look almost like factory. Well let me know wat u guys think...

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

Still missing the bordering frame to keep it held in and a flush perfect look... if i cant get it to work out then ill just stick with the mounting of picture #3.

thnx dude.. ya i jst mounted it to test it out and the visor isnt too bad in the way of the windshield and if i need i can flip up the visor and still hear the voice directions.... ill try to get pics up tom of it mounted and final product should hopefully be done by this weekend.

ok so i ended up testing my spliced wire and it worked this time and so i finished up the install and well hope u guys like the final product for now... might make some few changes but im really happy with how it is now.

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back