Events/Trails The Fordyce Creek Trail Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Lets start with links to some information about the trail:

And a video with our own native son Harry Wagner

Last edited:
I would love to be a passenger on this trip!
We usually have open seats.
Not aimed at you in particular Tony but if you can run Rubicon comfortably in your rig you can do Fordyce, the obstacles that you see on Youtube et al show the hardest lines.
There are bypasses to most obstacles. We also have a lot of experience winching rigs on this trail. It's no shame to take a little help.

Last edited:
The exit at Committee Crossing could be closed due to work on the dam. Bad news if you break early on the trail and need to bail out. The good news is if they are working on the dam it may be empty so flow rates wouldn't be an issue.

FYI I will be editing the first few post as I gather more information.

Last edited:
I will likely come at least for part of this, it's like 45 minutes from my house. If I have nothing running that's capable by then,
I might just hike or ride an MC to the first water crossing and just hang out a bit.

How's planning going on this trip? Kinda wondering if I should take my 80 out there or if it is better suited for SWB vehicles.
I would ride along with somebody the first trip. I usually have an empty seat.

How's planning going on this trip? Kinda wondering if I should take my 80 out there or if it is better suited for SWB vehicles.
Your 80 would be smashed to bits on Fordyce. lol. I've taken ours to Eagle lakes, but past that it gets pretty crazy pretty fast. If you want to come down before then, we can take my 40 to the first river crossing and you can see what you think... but I think I wouldn't take a big wagon on Fordyce. I like my sheet metal not tin foil.

Your 80 would be smashed to bits on Fordyce. lol. I've taken ours to Eagle lakes, but past that it gets pretty crazy pretty fast. If you want to come down before then, we can take my 40 to the first river crossing and you can see what you think... but I think I wouldn't take a big wagon on Fordyce. I like my sheet metal not tin foil.
and I should add, I damaged ours going just to eagle lakes.... bent the sector shaft in the steering box.

I talked to a friend of mine today, he told me the top half has gotten pretty rough. And he didn't run the trail last year so it may be worse now. That said The Friends of Fordyce have done a decent job of building bypasses that still challenge. I'll be watching trail reports as the season opens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom