Texas to Tennessee: new 100 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

... and taking it to get a new windshield

If you haven't done the windshield yet, do a quick search to familiarize yourself with the process if you're not already. The trim on the sides of the windshield along the a-pillar are riveted in (4 rivets per side) and a lot of installers will drill them out and use whatever screws they have on-hand for re-install (unless they have a rivet gun and the appropriate rivets in the truck). Some report no issue using screws, but others have experienced an increase in wind noise a water leakage when not done well.

If you haven't done the windshield yet, do a quick search to familiarize yourself with the process if you're not already. The trim on the sides of the windshield along the a-pillar are riveted in (4 rivets per side) and a lot of installers will drill them out and use whatever screws they have on-hand for re-install (unless they have a rivet gun and the appropriate rivets in the truck). Some report no issue using screws, but others have experienced an increase in wind noise a water leakage when not done well.

Thanks
I had seen a discussion on this but will make sure to pass this along to the installer.

As far as searching craigslist

I used a free app call craigslist pro that allows you to select entire states and saves the search. So I was routinely refreshing my multi-state search throughout the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom