Test Drive Sound Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I was looking at a 2002 100 in my area today and took it for a drive. At around 35-45 mph I thought I could hear a sound coming from somewhere under the hood, drivers side. Something like a flutter, clicking sort of sound. Could be as simple as something loose and the wind at higher speeds caused it. Or, something worse, but I don't know what that would be. It was more of a random sound, not consistent in cadence like if it was mechanical. Anything I should be worried about? I may have found something I need to act quickly on, TB/WP/CV all recently done and price may be right. Thank you!

Could just be the engine cover rattling at a certain frequency. It's a common source of rattling/vibration for 100s.

Maybe get a sound clip?

Brake Master cylinder pump cycling, mine is very noticeable at times. Been doing it for that last 6 years and 120,000 miles that I have owned it. Has 275k total on it and is the original pump. Probably what you are hearing. Mine seems to always do it after a cold start up and under the first braking after sitting overnight but you can hear it at various other times as well. Nothing to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom