Tell Me About Your Roof Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm probably going to to buy the expedition one rack this month. Does anyone have experience with it.

rs=w_600,h_600 (1).jpeg

I’m starting to lean towards the front runner slimline 2. I want to run a lightbar in the front. Do you know if there is a wind deflectior with a bar cutout? I’m really liking some things I’m reading about the rack.
no wind deflector or cutout but any wind noise is unnoticeable inside the cabin. A lightbar can be mounted in front of the rack using brackets.

We just purchased a 2010 with no rack.

As we have a long list of mods, I opted for the Amazon version of the factory rack for now....I am not usually the one to go for the cheap option, but for $188 delivered it seems like a decent place to start. But I think we will end up with the frontrunner...I just need one for our other vehicles also. (the FCJ is for my son)

I went from factory to Baja flat rack and last year switched to the Exp1 Mule rack. I like both. I hate both.
The Baja rack was strong and I could stand on it, carry plywood, RTT. But it was noisy. And heavy. And poor craftsmanship. (IMO). The welds were ugly. The tubing was warped everywhere from welding. The powdercoat lasted until I breathed on it. Then it started flaking off.
The Exp1 is very nice craftsmanship. The styling is questionable. Sometimes I really like the way it looks. And sometimes I long for the Baja flat rack. You certainly will NOT be standing on the Exp1 rack. The cross bars will show signs of bowing from a 5 gallon Jerry can. It is aluminum after all. And it is much lighter than Baja. One complaint I had immediately was that it’s difficult to secure loads to. I ended up mounting core trax along rear and sides to have better tie downs. Plan to do the same across front also.

985AE792-1C46-445D-A933-FAF0A2DBD028.jpeg

2629F234-9DAE-4B77-A7DD-48758477114B.jpeg

F81A881B-6977-460A-9E2D-D6224C607CD2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom