Teeth falling out, mine & my sm420 decided to just give up the ghost. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can you see the bottom of the t-case and sm420 with inspection covers off ? I guess I'm gonna find out here shortly, happy Tuesday, Went to for short trip to hardware and bang, surge, what was that ? everything functioning however I noticed some a****** had locked in 1 of my front hubs, maybe something happened in the front end, since the front shaft was turning maybe the collar grabbed , I hate searching for the issue, lots of work trying to figure it out, oh well, haven't been into the front diff since Jeff rebuilt it.

John, sounds like you need a new T-case, yep its the T-case. I know where you can get a fresh rebuilt one, just give me a call, and handful of cash, and its yours.

Yes on the 420 I don’t think so on the LC case. Oil will tell you everything you need to know. LC drivetrain is so 1995:] Time John steps into an Atlas and a bigger rear axle if that is the case. I have seen typically if it is just one hub locked the other axle spins the other direction. Path of least resistance. Spider gears are not meant to turn much.

Loss some of mine in 1972 , crashed in to a telephone pole :p:p:p:p:p:p
Good Luck

Eric, SSSHHHHH, I am trying to get rid of my T-case, you can put John into an Atlas later.

oil was clean in both, very clean, 1 tcase mount bolt stripped, 1 inside about to fall out, allen head inside fell out, 1 low speed orion gear dead, 1 idler gear dead, shift rail broke in half, and the drain hole for rear cone was plugged with silicone thats why it pushed oil out always.
I put the 60 in the rear and it has done well. All good, fixable and got some general maintenance and tidy up stuff done, new arb pump, new batteries, new starter, fine tune shifter, verify that old as hell sm420 looks new inside, other than the failure of bolt backing out the Orion looked good as far as wear, clearances, etc. goes.

anyone have a suggestion for earl in the sm420 & orion other than good ole 90w ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom