Tanaka Chain saw (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at a TANAKA Model # ECV-4501/18 and was wondering if anybody has any input on the Tanaka chain saws. I have heard good things about their line trimmers, etc. but have never heard anything about the saws.
Occasional use, mainly for a step up from the very tired little $99 special Poulan that I have asked way to much of.

The price is seemingly good for the saw so that has sparked the interest.

Thanks,
Scott

http://www.tanaka-usa.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ECV-4501

Last edited:
If I were to upgrade for that size, I'd buy a Stihl MS230 or 250. Relitively inexpensive, parts easier to find, and excellent dealer support.

I too have a Northern Tool reconditioned poulan, but although it still runs well, has became a dust collector..;)

If I were to upgrade for that size, I'd buy a Stihl MS230 or 250. Relitively inexpensive, parts easier to find, and excellent dealer support.

I too have a Northern Tool reconditioned poulan, but although it still runs well, has became a dust collector..;)

Agreed, even you can go on any search engine and find for some of the best and cheap ways for upgrading the saw as well....

Tanaka builds a good product. I was a dealer from 1982 - 1995.

The Biggest challenge Tanaka has has since the mid-1980's is supplying parts. There have been a few importers in the last 25 years and none of them stocked any volume of parts. The supply to you is extremely slow. The parts themselves are extremely expensive. (Extremely expensive = Air filter housing for a line trimmer is $70.00)

Echo also makes great little chainsaws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom