Tamarack fire/Barney Riley? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

surfpig

The Anti-Tech
Threads
Hi, any of you locals have information about the Tamarack fire and Barney Riley trail/hot springs? Looking at the fire maps it does not look good...

:( :( :(

GaiaGPS has active fire maps (reported) and satellite detected (heat map) fires. You are right, it doesn't look good for the hot springs or camping areas near Barney Riley Trail.

1626971133194.png

My hope I guess, is that being mostly grasslands there, that the fire quickly burned through without too much damage to the pinyons and other trees in the area. I fear that the high country surrounding it won't do so well. There are (were?) some beautiful aspen groves all around there. And River Ranch?

:(

Yeah it is definitely not good... Been going since 4th of July and only at 4% containment as of this morning with more than 50k acres burned. AQI for Carson area has been horrible since I got back into town on Monday evening and apparently was last weekend. My girlfriend also sent me a new article that there is apparently another "heat dome" that is going to be positioning itself over the western US in the next couple weeks that is predicted to bring another heat wave similar to what we just saw. Guessing this is the universe's way of telling me its time to get the F$#* out of Dodge!! LOL

My hope I guess, is that being mostly grasslands there, that the fire quickly burned through without too much damage to the pinyons and other trees in the area. I fear that the high country surrounding it won't do so well. There are (were?) some beautiful aspen groves all around there. And River Ranch?

:(
The good campsite upstream under the big pines is probably gone. If we get a wet winter there will be a lot of erosion in that canyon. :confused:

Judging by the way the fire ripped through the pines at Washoe Lake a month ago, I'm doubting those pines up in the hills without an irrigation system watering them fare as well. Took all of 10 seconds for a whole tree to go up.

Been seeing this coming since I was a kid. Hopefully, my grandkids will live in a Country where they value natural resources and protect them, not squander them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom