Tale of two 71 FJ40’s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all
Just a quick bio. Owned my first 71 FJ 40 for five years. It sat a long time with a blown head gasket. Got it running and reliable but the body was more rust than metal. Traded up to another 71 FJ40 with little rust and lots of attitude on 33” tires. Cheers

Congratulations. Welcome to the asylum. :)

Some pics would be nice if you have them available.

1B41F3FC-531B-4F12-8A20-0588DFBBD973.jpeg

9641B8A8-0EAD-4A09-8F3B-1554B1E47A6C.jpeg

Hello all
Just a quick bio. Owned my first 71 FJ 40 for five years. It sat a long time with a blown head gasket. Got it running and reliable but the body was more rust than metal. Traded up to another 71 FJ40 with little rust and lots of attitude on 33” tires. Cheers
Hey, I have a ‘71 (my first) the same color with 33’s, and a stupid homeade body lift that will have to go. This first couple of months has been a learning experience, but these Land Cruiser guys are really cool!

That's friggin nice and the first pic reminds me of my first 40, it was also a 71.

Do you have any plans for it in the near future? Little tidbits of things that you'd like to do to it?
Still working on some small issues. The key or harness is only passing 11volts to the fuses. Making the regulator go nuts. What about your rig?

Still working on some small issues. The key or harness is only passing 11volts to the fuses. Making the regulator go nuts. What about your rig?
I sold the 71 after I bought a few other 40's then I moved on in the later bigger dumber station wagons & 4Runners. Now I only have a 100 series grocery getter.

I'll leave the electrical smarts with those that know. If I don't see anything in a day or so then I'll get you started off on the wrong track. :D

I’d check all your grounds. There’s not too many and they are often the source of issues. Clean and reattach. Looks good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom