Tail gate door doesn't seem to fully close (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was trying to chip away at some of the smaller projects this weekend (too cold to open the garage door and drop the engine in as originally planned) and I was messing with the rear gate again. My gate latches fine, but seems like it should tuck in more, like about 1/4 inch. There is very slight adjustment in the catches, but I did push them inboard as much as I could. Is this normal? I am concerned that when I install the glass it may miss the channel, or worse, break as the gate moves around..

20210208_100507.jpg

I am not sure I understand, the glass has to be down enough to open the gate... I am worried that after I close the gate and try and raise the glass, it will hit the metal endge or miss the channel and once up if the gate is moving around this metal point may pinch the glass
Inked20210208_100507_LI.jpg

I would have thought that too, but the catches on mine only move very slightly. I can lean on it lightly and there is nothing blocking it from snugging up, but take the pressure off and it flops back. The play is only about 1/4 inch, but it seems like it shouldn't be there. I will try in the next few days to set the window in and see how it goes. If the window works then I will put making new catches into the 'one day file'

I would have thought that too, but the catches on mine only move very slightly. I can lean on it lightly and there is nothing blocking it from snugging up, but take the pressure off and it flops back. The play is only about 1/4 inch, but it seems like it shouldn't be there. I will try in the next few days to set the window in and see how it goes. If the window works then I will put making new catches into the 'one day file'
That sure don’t seem right, if they are the rotating style latch is it possible the strike plates need to come OUT so it rotates the latch a notch further?

If you follow me :hmm:

I think I now have it in a pretty good spot, the capture nuts for the latch on the DS was stuck outbound, loosened the screws and gave it a good whack and it is now pretty good (I still flared the bottom of the upper run as Bob suggested for good measure). Thanks all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom