Tahoe & El Dorado National Forest OHV Trails Open (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TLC2013

SILVER Star
Threads
May 1st is the official delayed opening for OHV activity in the Tahoe and El Dorado National Forest. I Spoke with one of the ranger stations to confirm this before planning a day trip to get out for some good social distancing with the Land Cruiser and family. Campsites and services are still closed due to covid but the trails are open, snow levels will dictate which ones are accessible.

Heading out to Pierce Creek Loop OHV and will check out Signal Peak and its accessibility. Will report back.

Anyone else have plans to head out to the National Forest?

I was up there last Wednesday, still a good bit of snow. That road was closed then, of course. I also went up Bowman Lake road (FR-18). Snow stopped me just past Fuller lake. I should have brought my skis. LOL

:cheers:

Last edited:
Had a blast today exploring the Pierce Creek OHV trail. Made it to the first large stream/river crossing and didn’t dare attempt to cross. So we had lunch and watched some 4runners attempt the crossing.
only one sacked up and attempted the crossing and did make it after a few attempts.

Signal Peak-Even Beefy Jeep’s with 37”s had to turn around. Both access points to signal peak are snowed in. Got my self stuck going up the bunny slope side lol, high centered In snow. Met some nice folks who were able to assist.
And afterwards they attempted the snow crossing and got themselves stuck too. Was able to break in my new winch and pull them out. All in all a successful adventure. looking forward to more snow melt.

CFEB6FA5-1FEA-4151-B202-304EDE2CF57F.jpeg

32F23742-38E3-4938-9002-E117E23EFA0E.jpeg

EED6F6F0-C192-4427-B967-489A4BCB8D83.png

1A8B1667-C5C0-43FF-8A0D-664AABE978FC.png

Dig the grabbers, great tires. Looks fun. Dude you didn’t want to cross that? Lol

Fun trail, will be returning soon to explore more around the area once the snow melts.

I have been impressed with the grabber ATXs, wanted to try something new and different then the usual k02s that everyone is running. So far they have not disappointed.

Lol yeah after seeing the other vehicles struggle with the crossing and they were running massive 37”+ tires and huge lifts I thought twice.

6C3BF86D-6BE1-4F42-AC9B-73950AAB776D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom