Wanted Tacoma Washington fzj80 front axel for sas 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
starting collecting some parts for a sas 100 series build Im planning. If you’re local and then having a front axle or know someone who does let me know! And also, if you have any leads on other parts, I might need for the swap. I’d appreciate it.

Also any insight from anyone who’s done the swap would we awesome!

Last edited:
starting collecting some parts for a sas 100 series build Im planning. If you’re local and then having a front axle or know someone who does let me know! And also, if you have any leads on other parts, I might need for the swap. I’d appreciate it.
Check with Jason @TRAIL TAILOR he should have stuff you will need to do that conversion.
If it’s not on his site message him directly.

Check with Jason @TRAIL TAILOR he should have stuff you will need to do that conversion.
If it’s not on his site message him directly.
Yup! I’m planning on using his kit

Also, considering just getting 80 coil and shock buckets from Toyota and Fabing, the rest of the parts myself

Last edited:
I have a complete axle minus 3rd member in Yakima. I also have high steer knuckles/arms.

You'll want 7X series outers on the 80 axle so you can keep your ABS and 5 bolt wheels. I'm doing this as well but instead I'm converting everything to 80 series (both front and rear axles) and going with 6 bolt wheels front and rear. Buying just a housing isn't a stupid idea as you'll replace everything on the outside later.

You'll want 7X series outers on the 80 axle so you can keep your ABS and 5 bolt wheels. I'm doing this as well but instead I'm converting everything to 80 series (both front and rear axles) and going with 6 bolt wheels front and rear. Buying just a housing isn't a stupid idea as you'll replace everything on the outside later.
Is it naïve of me to think I can just put on some 2 1/2 inch spacers with adapters to the five bolt pattern and call it good?

Do you have a write up on your build?

Also, curious to get anyone’s opinion on here who has used the trail tailor kit I’m not sold on it and considering using the Toyota shock/spring buckets not sure if the extra coin for the TT kit is worth it.

I think it is naive to think you can convert it with spacers and call it good. But I'm not an expert. I haven't finished mine yet. I choose to do it differently. I'm swapping a 100 body and drivetrain into an 80 chassis. Then I don't have any suspension or steering issues. Everything is factory correct. Welding body mounts is no big deal. But getting everything straight and strong for suspension and steering scares me and I don't have deep enough pockets to pay someone to do it.

Trail Tailor makes excellent products and he makes them specifically to make his life easier as a fabricator. We are just fortunate enough that he shares his products for home installation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom