Tacoma lift kit, what do you recommend? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at a Toytec 3" read a lot of write ups, but still looking for opinions. Tacoma will be more an expedition, road worthy driver, with occasional offroad use on light to moderate trails. Currently sitting on 32s with a coil spacer. Also with the toytec 3" kit can you use stock shocks? Thanks in advance

Toytec makes great products and is company worthy of your support. They also sell OME stuff, which would also suit your needs for a reasonably priced off-road performance suspension. The 05+ coils can be run with stock shocks; I'm sure yours are the same. But if your shocks are well used or worn, I'd suggest upgrading to something that is well-matched with the springs.

Toytec makes great products and is company worthy of your support. They also sell OME stuff, which would also suit your needs for a reasonably priced off-road performance suspension. The 05+ coils can be run with stock shocks; I'm sure yours are the same. But if your shocks are well used or worn, I'd suggest upgrading to something that is well-matched with the springs.

Thanks for the response. I'm more then likely going with Toytec. Have a possible deal going on now, if it falls through I have a mud member that will sell me one. -Thanks

This is interesting to me too. I am planning on buying an 06 or newer doublecab 4x4 but only the TRD "sport" model is available in Ontario. I used to have a frontier with a 2.5" lift from PRG and a factory e-locking rear diff. I was thinking on using a toytech 3" spacer lift but would like to keep the stock tires (265 something or other). All I really need is a little bit of ground clearance on a daily driver. What do you folks think of that idea? I am a bit of a noob when it comes to this type of stuff.

This is interesting to me too. I am planning on buying an 06 or newer doublecab 4x4 but only the TRD "sport" model is available in Ontario. I used to have a frontier with a 2.5" lift from PRG and a factory e-locking rear diff. I was thinking on using a toytech 3" spacer lift but would like to keep the stock tires (265 something or other). All I really need is a little bit of ground clearance on a daily driver. What do you folks think of that idea? I am a bit of a noob when it comes to this type of stuff.

I don't think the toytec 3" will lift it much, just enough to fit 32" tires with no rubbing, which is all I want. You'll need to do add a leafs for the back too to keep it level, From my understanding at least.

I'm attaching some pics. First one is 3" lift (front) rear is stock.
285/75/16

Second one is Revtek 3" spacer in front 1" block w/ 2" AAL in rear, rear shock extenders and 285/75 Tires on 16" Rim

Hope that helps!
DSC_0285.jpg
tacoma lift 2.jpg

Toytec is a great choice for the Taco...I would also look into a replacement upper contol arm as well. On the street you will be fine, but if you will be doing mild to moderate off roading as well, your upper ball joint will take undo stress and binding, as well as limiting travel. The aftermarket upper arms (Camburg or Total Chaos) both use a uni-ball type set up with little to no binding.

High Performance Off-Road Suspension | Camburg Engineering
www.chaosfab.com

Toytec is a great choice for the Taco...I would also look into a replacement upper contol arm as well. On the street you will be fine, but if you will be doing mild to moderate off roading as well, your upper ball joint will take undo stress and binding, as well as limiting travel. The aftermarket upper arms (Camburg or Total Chaos) both use a uni-ball type set up with little to no binding.

High Performance Off-Road Suspension | Camburg Engineering
www.chaosfab.com

Thanks for the heads up. I ended up getting the TOYTEC 3" and I'll check out that control arm. Probably end up getting it too. Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom