T-100 front brake upgrades (can ya put on early Tundra rotors/calipers) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes - searched here and elsewhere - anyone know what sorta from rotor upgrades are possible for 4x4 T-100s?

I cannot seem to find a clear thread on any of the forums on whether or not you can swap in 1st gen Tundra parts??

I had a 1995 t-100 it had a Hub style inner and outer wheel bearings , rotor was bolted on the Hub style IFS

my 2003 & 2005 tundra's do not they have fall off rotors , and a captured type Hub IFS

hope this helps

I had a 1995 t-100 it had a Hub style inner and outer wheel bearings , rotor was bolted on the Hub style IFS

my 2003 & 2005 tundra's do not they have fall off rotors , and a captured type Hub IFS

hope this helps

That DOES sound like it answers the rumor...truck stops totally fine on the current brake set up...wonder if FZJ80 rotors would fit???

I just don't give up!

thats right !

Never give up , the answer and solution is out there on another toyota vehical

I have had a 1997 T100 SR5 4x4 3.4v6 manual from day I bought it off lot. I have never seen a brake conversion for front. Their are a few piece together kits to replace rear drum with disks and go to full floating rear axles. Good luck with your search.

These guys sell the rear kit Full-Floater Conversion

I am working on a custom Big Brake kit, that uses OEM Toyota/Lexus parts for my 1991 Toyota Pickup, which should be backward compatible with your T100. It does however require some custom machining on the hubs.

It's in process right now, but it uses GX460 rotors, and will use either GX460 or LX470 Calipers. It will also require at minum a custom machined bracket to adapt the calipers to the spindles, and possibly machining of the spindles. Again, its currently a project I'm working on, so nothing yet.

As far as true 100% bolt on upgrades go, the T100 setup is the best available for these trucks.

My front brakes lasted 107K miles. Replaced Pad turned rotors based on wear on rotors they will last through up to 2+ sets of pads. I run 285/65/16 tires BFG KO never had issues stopping. The rear is still drums but they have been rebuilt twice due to leaking axle seals (heavy tires or just bad seals never have figured this out). Never had problems stopping I pull 3500lb boat and trailer and have pulled 4500lb rv (with brake controller). I would spend the brake money on making sure the frame rails do not rust out or locker for rear.
Enjoy your truck and many happy miles ahead of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom