Swapping 70 series Prado Headlamps? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey is it possible to swap the square early 1990s prado headlamps to round ones? Not sure if the Burundi ones would work or an aftermarket option?

I've seen pictures on Instagram of old Prados that have been converted to round headlights, so I know what you're talking about, but they are very rare. I'll look more closely next time one pops up, but I doubt there's a kit you can buy. I think you're on your own.

Burundi is next to Rwanda.

Wasting time looking through the auctions and this popped up. Its in Japanese so I would use google chrome to look at it ランクルプラド78 KZJ78 丸目ライト 78プラ... - ヤフオク!

I always thought these were sort of silly, but now they are growing on me. Almost reminds me more of the old range rover classic than a landcruiser though,haha.

PradoRound.jpg
1991_land_rover_range_rover_1584653353e183b9Exterior.jpg

Last edited:
I think the round headlights on a 7* series are a generic size used on many older vehicles. The OEM landcruiser headlight lens were almost flat but the generic type are more rounded.

I think the round headlights on a 7* series are a generic size used on many older vehicles. The OEM landcruiser headlight lens were almost flat but the generic type are more rounded.

Hello,

In fact they are 7 in. /178 mm in diameter. A common size.

Flat and round lenses vary with model year and market.

Interestingly, early model 90 series had round headlights. The 78 above reminded me of them.

I have always thought that Range Rover and 70 Series share not the round headlights but the big, tall windows (and windshield.)

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom