Suspension opinions wanted for mild lift on 2004 GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did the Ironman Pro setup, very satified how it turned out, nice lift and doesn't look too jacked up. Rides great on road. Have not had it on really tough trail yet, but makes forest washboard roads very comfortable. Have sliders, so it is a bit of a step up, but no complaints from the wife.

What do you think about the the video reviewing Ironman foam cell pro on metaltech gx470?

around 13:30 min mark

Haha, he was also very critical of the Metal Tech rear bumper. Not sure if it was in that particular video or not, but it's in that series. Won't stop me from buying one when the time comes.

He's been overlanding in Africa, Australia, and Europe for 30+ years, so he's probably spot on. However, he's an overlander in the truest sense of the word; living out of vehicles in the remotest parts of the world for weeks and months at a time. He seems to stick to more desert tracks and long, undeveloped roadways rather than technical stuff.

Most of us are taking day/weekend trips to the mountains and doing more technical driving than he'd be used to, so our vehicles wouldn't be subject to the same requirements.

That was what I was thinking.
The video show how the vehicle seems to be bouncing a lot. Not knowing how it exactly set up its pretty hard to know. Maybe the spring was too stiff for the intended load.

He also been spoiled with bypass shocks on his 70 series. He mentioned first, second and third stage which only available with bypass shock.

Any body have experience with Dobinsons Monotube non reservoir? They are about the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom