Studded snow tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for recommendations on studded snows.
Moving to Montana and will be at elevation all the time.

nokians Hakakakakaka 9s are best reviewed but do they come in a size that would fit?
Also, what steelies work for our truck?

nokians Hakakakakaka 9s are best reviewed but do they come in a size that would fit?

I run Hakka 9 studded 275/65R18 and I love them. I had them mounted on my stock alloys and bought aftermarket 17s for my bigger summer tires. I also considered the Hakka LT3, might do that next time. I drive some winter roads with iced over water holes and when I start breaking through the ice I wish I had something firmer than a P rated tire. On any of my normal paved/dirt roads the R3s are excellent driving on snow and ice and slush.

I’d probably run studded ST Maxx or duratracs, are you sure you want snow or ice tires on a cruiser, in Montana? Honest question...

Yes. In flathead valley, yes.
Okay fair enough. Studded all terrains are the go to for 4wd growing up in Wyo, so I’m surprised. I run studded winterforces on my beater so not much help with highly rated snows... sorry.

Yes Nokians are the best. In Alaska and have Hakka 7 on my LX, Hakka 9 on our Tesla and MB, and Hakka 5 on our Subaru. I’ll be due for new winter tires next year for my LX and it will be Hakka 9 unless the 10 comes out.

What size Hakka’s should I go for a fit? And what steelies/cheap wheel?

I know I should reference the massive tire size thread but maybe I can just get a quick answer.

I honestly have no idea. I shall be going through discount tire in flathead valley so have to go with what they offer.

What size Hakka’s should I go for a fit? And what steelies/cheap wheel?

I know I should reference the massive tire size thread but maybe I can just get a quick answer.

I honestly have no idea. I shall be going through discount tire in flathead valley so have to go with what they offer.
I run 18” tundra “take offs”, paid $300 for all 4. My Hakka 7 are 265/60-18

image.jpg

According to DT I can only get 255/60/18 on the 9’s.

I’m not overly concerned about going skinnier (actually think that’s better for snow overall) but 255 feels hilariously skinny compared to stock 275.
I can go to 17” with 265/65,70 setup which seems more “similar” just have to find the wheels

I run 18” tundra “take offs”, paid $300 for all 4. My Hakka 7 are 265/60-18

View attachment 2473591

According to DT I can only get 255/60/18 on the 9’s.

I’m not overly concerned about going skinnier (actually think that’s better for snow overall) but 255 feels hilariously skinny compared to stock 275.
I can go to 17” with 265/65,70 setup which seems more “similar” just have to find the wheels

I run 275/65R18 Hakka 9 studded on my LX470.

hmmm. Wonder if DT just doesn’t have them in stock.
Time to look elsewhere!

Call them, they had to order mine, took them a few days to get them.

Here in Missoula, there is only one place that sells Nokian, they were more expensive than DT by almost $300. Only $35 to drive to Kalispell for me and the drive is worth it.

Call them, they had to order mine, took them a few days to get them.

Here in Missoula, there is only one place that sells Nokian, they were more expensive than DT by almost $300. Only $35 to drive to Kalispell for me and the drive is worth it.

Cool. Will do that later today. I don't need them until the 15th of November at the earliest, so that sounds like a good plan.

Put them to the test this weekend with 14" of snow. This week will also be a good test as the temps will be in the upper 40s with lows below freezing, so should have some icy roads.

This far, really impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom