string two compressors together? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i've got a guy who is going to sell me a sand blaster (not a fancy one) but it takes about 8cfm @ 80psi. my compressor makes about 6cfm at 90psi, and my dad's makes about 6.5cfm at 90psi. i'm wondering if there is some way i can run the two together with some type of T or Y adapter to make around 12cfm @90psi. i think this could be enough to do the job. however, i can't seem to find this type of T or Y fitting anywhere online.

any thoughts?

I think this is a home depot plumbing department part. You could do it with flex tube, such as a brass barb fitting or pipe (not pvc). I would only use one rugulator though, and watch the duty cycle on the pumps.

i don't know what type of "flex tube" you refer too, but the checkvalve is a good idea.

rusmannx said:
i don't know what type of "flex tube" you refer too, but the checkvalve is a good idea.

"flex tube"- rubber compressor hose. if you only use one regulator after the tee, you don't need a check valve, but if you want to use two regulators, one for each compressor, you would need a two check valves to keep one of the regulators from bleeding off air. I'm sure grainger sells check valves.

If the compressors pressure numbers are close you won't need the check valves. If one is a single stage and turns on at say 90 psi and off at 120 and the other is two stage and turns on at 150 psi and off at 175, your going to have issues and will need the check valves. Be sure to power them off of separate electric circuits.

If you only use the sand blaster in short intervals you might not to do anything. The 8 CFM is based on continuos use, the 6.5 CFM unit operating at 80PSI would probably work fine if you let it rest between cycles.

BTW I assume this is home use, otherwise you need to pop for a bigger compressor.

it is for home use.

thanks for the ideas everyone.

rusty_tlc said:
If you only use the sand blaster in short intervals you might not to do anything. The 8 CFM is based on continuos use, the 6.5 CFM unit operating at 80PSI would probably work fine if you let it rest between cycles.

BTW I assume this is home use, otherwise you need to pop for a bigger compressor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom