Strange fj60 paint code (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How are you
Im new to this forum and have a question regarding my j60 paint

the paint code on the firewall plate seems strange
X99
And im not sure what that code stood for the car is currently red not sure if it had been repainted

anyone knows what that code stood for ?

regards

6614E1AF-F2D2-4782-BB42-2596D9DAD401.jpeg

Interesting! I've seen in the past where Land Cruisers special-ordered from the factory in a particular color (utilities, fire trucks, military) were identified with an X, but I've never seen the X99 code before. Do you know the origin of your vehicle? I'm assuming the government of Quatar buys new Land Cruisers straight from Toyota. Also, just from looking at that tag it looks like your Land Cruiser has been repainted red (overspray on the left side of the tag). I suggest checking the interior panels to see if there's a different color under there, that might explain the (likely) special order paint code.

Interesting! I've seen in the past where Land Cruisers special-ordered from the factory in a particular color (utilities, fire trucks, military) were identified with an X, but I've never seen the X99 code before. Do you know the origin of your vehicle? I'm assuming the government of Quatar buys new Land Cruisers straight from Toyota. Also, just from looking at that tag it looks like your Land Cruiser has been repainted red (overspray on the left side of the tag). I suggest checking the interior panels to see if there's a different color under there, that might explain the (likely) special order paint code.
Its an old post but ive been away for a while
It is a special order fj60 actually In qatar we had fj60s with sunroof search lights and toyota royal crown velvet upholstery from the dealer and some had the Panasonic overhead stereo and pto winch or electric but all the ones i have and seeN Had the regular paint codes only this one but i think i need to take a closer look inside to see if there is a trace of some other paint

thanks for the reply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom