Stoney Lonesome - Tomorrow Nov 14th - Who's coming? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow! so this park is huge and is easily two days worth of discovery?

Brett better not sell he expedition rig then! Man, this may be the kinda place I will want to end up going to then, because the trails will onyl get harder and more obstacles added... We need more level 2 and 3 type places in the area, most are either 1 or 5...

PS... that meat looks like it belongs in my belly.

Brett better not sell he expedition rig then!

He takes his taco daily on tougher trails.

Not to undermine SL and what the County is doing out there, but it's a Sunday drive with the family compared to what we're use to landspeeder.

However I did have a good time with good people.

no comparison to Skyline area.

I want to check out the Wellborn Trails area I mentioned. Its on the east side of I-65 somewhat near that same exit. It's suppose to have trails of all types. Closed for deer season I'm told.

Yeah the cullman park is just off the ground as far as being new... so as time goes on hopefully it will offer more challenges... its a dust-bowl in the summer without rain. Maps are bad and incomplete I'm told. So new place with growing pains...time will tell I guess.

if you do go to skyline and have a stock truck with stock suspension and tires....I would advise be rather cautious on the trials one takes. some places have many rocks, and clearly some places are for serious "rigs" too, with large tires and lift.

Last edited:
Skyline is having a muzzleloader hunt Dec 10-13.

Oh, I forgot a smokepole hunt - Landspeeder

"MO PICS"

a few more pics....credit for pics goes to my friend John. Have some more but they are very similar to what's been posted already...
(1) Pic one is showing a guy on a polaris min 4*4... a bunch of those guys were out there...pretty cool vehicles.
(2) me headed down the hill that I got stuck on going up hill last time...very steep, pic does not show the grade in question that well.
(3) I'm all alone...reflecting on the "inner self".. don't leave me!..... :)
100_3201.jpg
100_3206.jpg
100_3217.jpg

Last edited:
Bump for an old thread where Turkey hill was still a thing, I had my 80, and oddly am still cooking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom