Sticking with Denso-OEM coil packs from now on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BMThiker

I aim to misbehave
s-Moderator
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
So I had some fuel trim, O2 sensor troubles back in August as we were driving across I-80 to California. We threw a P0350 code and knew that meant a bad coil pack (#5). No Toyota dealers insight for 100s of miles, so we found a NAPA/Ace Hardware in Wells, NV that had replacements on hand. We replaced the #5 coil pack and decided to replace the #3 while we were there. The #1 had been replaced a year or so ago.

Well, the #3 coil pack gave up today. Just 5 months old. Pathetic! Luckily I saved the old #3 coil pack in my spares, so I popped it back in and seems fine for now. Going to go ahead and order a few extra from Mr. T just to be on the safe side.

Denso in the far right cylinder (#1) and the crappy OER packs as they looked back in Aug.

1611515035259.png

And yes, I need to do a valve cover gasket job soon. ;)

Last edited:
They say that the coil packs last the life of the vehicle, but I say nay! I have come into the habit that when one coil pack gives trouble ALL are replaced with OEM units. You would be surprised about the increase in performance just by doing that. Money well spent in my opinion.

Even the #3 that I put back in today had dry cracked rubber. It's days are numbered for sure. I think I have replaced a few on the driver side too, but don't recall which ones off the top of my head.

Whats your mileage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom