Stereo? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
thats what I use in my fj45, its a pod, $50 at marine stores, works great, can kinda get an idea from this pic
34460251.jpg

as I still have colume shift found a console that went on the trany hump, mounted the pod to it, when the floor shift goes in I will prolly go to a Tuffy bewteen buckets of some kind

John H

[quote author=woody link=board=1;threadid=5909;start=msg47238#msg47238 date=1065210985]
IMO, purchase one of those boat console jobbies...keeps the radio protected from the elements. I need to do that before purchaseing another one, since the elements kill mine in a month or so....

If you remove the fuse block from it's mount, there should be two separate male spade terminals on the back, separate from the "block" connections. One is switched, one is not. Take yer pick, depending on if you can remember to switch it off when you exit the vehicle.
[/quote]

Nope, 69's did not come with stereos. So is the power for the sigarette lighter powerful enought to power the stereo?

run the main power to batt, then run the other to fuse panel to a fuse that has power only when the ignition is on.

John H

that little pod looks like a sweet idea... but how does it hold up in the summer when it gets hot out... does your deck overheat or anything? i'd like to mount one of those pods in between my seats, as i have a floor shift

[quote author=chuglife link=board=1;threadid=5909;start=msg47899#msg47899 date=1065465705]
that little pod looks like a sweet idea... but how does it hold up in the summer when it gets hot out... does your deck overheat or anything? i'd like to mount one of those pods in between my seats, as i have a floor shift
[/quote]

no problems, the top has been off the last 2 years(summers) and it's had no effect on it at all,the 1st deck(a POS) I had skiped, the Alpine I have doesn't

its water proof and all, I have the same one in my boat, no problems

John

The ash tray is a poor place to put the radio. If you have any defrosters in the windshield, the sheet metal tube is in the way. The radio can't be slid in. I removed the ducts in my 78 to redue the dash, and installed a small fan above the windshield to direct air for a defroster.

Plowboy,
whered you get your dash cover? is it a cover or a redone one, looks pretty decent

Before there were aftermarket replacements, the only option was OEM. Didn't want to pay toyota's price. I took the old cracked one into a upholstry shop and had them make a cover. They took measurements off the old cover and made a leather one to those dimensions. Trimed off the outside of the old cover and glued the new leather on. Paid about $75 at the time, at least 10 yrs ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom