Stereo Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there an easy way to determine if your 80 series cruiser has an amp for the radio or not? I want to replace the stock unit which no longer works with an aftermarket one, and the guy at the local stereo place said I would need a different harness depending on if I had one or not.

At this point, my dash is completely dissassembled (which I had to do to replace the speedo cable and the stereo etc), and the factory unit is removed. I don't see any kind of amp with my light, but maybe I haven't removed enough of the dash?

Any help would be appreciated, :)

-c

oh yeah... and my front wheels are back on again, pretty exciting, :eek:

The amp is located either in one of two places, mine was in the right side kick panel, it is small and doesn't look like an amp should. My friend's was in the rear near what toyota called the "subwoofer" ha ha... Anyways the amp should be able to be bypassed with a seperate harness from circuit city...

Thanks!

It was in fact behind the right kick panel, and easily accessible through the glove box.

Of course, my harness wire is nowhere near long enough, so I have to add 2 feet or so of jumpers, but still, it is progress, :)

This badboy might actually be roadworthy again after this weekend, hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom