Starting a TCLA club (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering if someone had some info on starting a chapter of TLCA....I was thinking the best start would be to make a flyer and put it on all the cruizers i see, telling them to contact me if they would be interested in joining or getting more info on it. I prolly see at least 10-15 older cruizers (see a new one at least 3 times a week) a day in a town of 55,000, so i figure its a good shot of enough people wanting to join....any info would be great.

Mavric...

There is a bunch of info. available on starting a club.

Your local TLCA rep can provide a bunch of info and help also including a listing of TLCA members in your local geographic area.

Here is what we did for PMC.
First, I contacted my area rep for a listing of TLCA Members in the area. Then I contacted many other chapters listed in TT and asked them what worked and what did not work. This was the best information I got. Then we assembled some fliers which we sent to the list provided noting a date and location for our first official get together... we did not ask if interested, we simply said here is where we are meeting. The first get together was mainly to determine if there was interest (which there was) and then generated the next steps in moving towards creating a club. It just went up from there...

I have a document called 'Starting a chapter' which has lots of info... but here the thing most important.... do not set out to create a TLCA Chapter! Set out to simply create a local Club, one which will stand the test of time. Once you have a successful club up and running, then decide (via your membership) if TLCA Chapter status is something you want. You may create a healthy vibrant club, very active and energetic, and your members may decide not to become a Chapter. That is OK. If they decide for Chapter status, that is great!

Please feel free to ask questions and I will send you the info I have. Also, contact your local IR rep, they can help lots and that is their role also. I will also post the text from the Starting a chapter document into a thread here for future use (of anyone interested).

Remember, start a successful club first... then think about Chatper status (the best advice I can give).

Tony Twiddy
PMC, largest Chapter in TLCA (except for that TX group) :)

Your core group is critical prior to organizing as a club or for chapter status. Getting a group together initially will find the interest, and of those maybe 4-5 of 20 will be truely interested in jumping in. And the first 4-5 years can be the hardest...once things get established it's not as bad....

Also, when you finally form, make sure you set the "club rules" to be agreeable with everyone...and keep your bylaws ultra simple...set dues and things by vote and not in the bylaws. Simplifies things big time.

and as Woody notes, the core group (and most likely yourself for initiating) will need to remain highly involved for some time.

As with any club, there is always the few that will do most of the work and the many will simply enjoy the benefits... which is OK.

Our hardest two tasks after forming the club were picking a name agreeable to all and a logo... it was hard but it was also fun.

Yeah, i think that part will be fairly easy since i have been making logos for companys with my friend, and making some cruizer $$$ in the process, i think i'll prolly end up making like 10-15 logos, then we can decide on which one. Thanks for all the info

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom