STart ORV Park? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We happen to be blessed with a 1000 acres of good, hilly, rocky land. Weve made our own trails and some get really difficult for anything under a 38" tire.
The majority of trails are doable with a stock heep because you can avoid the nasty parts.
I have personally ran them all, being winch 2/3rds the time, in a locked hilux on 31's.
Making new trails is never a problem, give me stihl and ill go to work :)
We have two bulldozers and multiple tractors at our disposale.

The nearest ORV parks are in Seymour MO, Disney OK, and Cass AR.
Those are all good 1-2 hour drives.

Has anyone opened there own park? I imagine there is a ton of legal paper work and good stuff like that.

We do run a farm off of the land, and though some offroaders arent exactly able to follow the rules, I believe the majority of people would be able to cope with gate rules, etc. The main idea is to not spook/chase/hurt/molest the cattle. We will probably install cattle gaurds.

Its on the river and in a tourist town. Great fishing and great camping. Weve done repelling and all kinds of good stuff of the such.

Ive got pics to come and weve been marking trails on google earth. Until then, any input on opening/running a park would be appreciated!

Thats what i would classify as moderate with us. Easy with the right line, but can be made extremely difficult.

Ill post more later

I suggest that you look into the permits that you will need so you don't end up in court for issues with erosion and sediment control.

I'd also suggest you contact TreadLightly about a class so you can build the trails in the most environmentally friendly way.

ORV Park

You can get a great reference book on starting an OHV/ORV park from the National OHV Conservation Council. It's a great guide and will answer all your questions and give you some great ideas on insurance, bonds, design, public involvement, signage, etc. www.nohvcc.org

In a recent issue of BlueRibbon magazine, KansasROCKS (OHV Park) owner David Killion did a great write up of how he started his park, what he went thru and how he got his permits and even some grant funding (RTP funds).

Del

Alright, thanks guys! Got a more family members to convince. Then ill be on the way.

There is a ton to research, and a ton more to do. The nohvcc.org site seems to have a ton of info. Thats good. I got time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom