SSO Coil Conversion - Removing Spacers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All! Sorry to start a new thread here... but hoping to get some thoughts on a specific topic. I have a Dobinsons 2" lift and SSO rear coil conversion. I have the normal driver side lean, but also have ALL spacers installed. I want to remove the two passenger side spacers, but don't know what I'm doing.

My thoughts:
- Jack rear passenger side up to get some clearance
- Attach spring compressors and crank down until there's a gap
- Remove spacers (are they bolted in, or just use gravity and force to keep in place?)

Can it be that simple? Thanks for input!
Greg

Disconnect the shock on the side you want to remove spacers from. Jack it up and remove the spacers. If it won’t droop enough, remove both shocks on each side and try again.

nope, no spring compressor needed. You might need a buddy to push the axle down to give you the extra clearance you need. I installed the SSO's with Dobinson's 327's by myself but had to put a knee on my axle and wiggle the spring into place. Make sure you don't stress your brake hoses.

Jack up the opposite side of the spring you want to work on. When the axle articulate it drop the other side. The brake hose and upper control arm are toward the middle. When you articulate the axle it drop a lot further without stretching the brake lines and ABS cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom