squeaks and rattles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to forum, I have a 00LC with 105,000 miles. I work in DC and do use my cruiser alot off-road, basically unimproved secondary roads, and logging trails, much like what DC calls paved roads, read tons of pot-holes. Used as such, my cruiser has developed a ton of queaks and rattles. I have attempted to locate the sources, and replicate by rocking the cruiser to no avail. The squeaks and rattles seem to come from all 4 corners. I could not locate any loose items, and no mising bolts. Has anyone else experienced these problems, and what were your remedies? I'm thinking the suspension, shocks, bushings, coils, etc. are spent, but the vehicle doesn't sag.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum.
You'll find lots of good info here. Be sure to use the "search" function.

Rattles and squeaks may be hard to find. Trial and error mostly. You oughta try to narrow down the location a bit. May help to have a passenger listen, open the windows one at a time etc. Good luck.

For rattles under the body, crawl underneath and use a mallet. A common rattle is the catalytic converters. The cure involves 4" hose clamps. Let us know what you find. I have an underbody rattle that I have yet to locate as well.

I found the cat-convert rattle/solution in the FAQ section after I posted. Will check that after I get back from ND in 2 weeks. Hope its this. The squeaks are a high pitch squeak that come when I hit potholes or speed bumps, seems to come from all four corners, worn out bushings? Shocks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom