Ford Squeaking Breaks (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've got an '07 F-150 with about 33k on the clock and i just noticed that when traveling any faster than 10mph i have a pretty rhythmic squeaking going on from (what I can tell from the drivers seat) the front brakes, but when I apply the breaks it stops. My guess is its the indicator telling me I need to change them out. Would that be about right for a truck with 33k mi?

I'll be doing the work myself (truck is out of warranty). I would like to upgrade the rotors and pads for better than stock performance. Any suggestions on brands/suppliers/websites on where to get them?

Thanks

Yeah we are seeing F150's not making 40k before they need front brakes. If you want ot upgrade look into powerslot rotors. They also carry Hawke pads. Good upgrade. Les Schwab carries or can get both. Good luck.

Thanks for the input. You think I should just do the fronts, and maybe get the rears resurfaced? or go all the way around?

If you have the funds do all the way around, but it's not required. Front brakes do most of the braking anyway. Rear rotors on that are pretty big. I would just re-surface the rears.:cheers::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom