spoke nipple WTF... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Digging through some old tools yesterday and I found a bag of 50 spoke nipples I picked up by accident about 10 years ago. They are gold colored alu, they look like they might be DT brand. The bag has stamped on it 15-3.875. What the hell do they fit on? super skinny road bike spokes?

Digging through some old tools yesterday and I found a bag of 50 spoke nipples I picked up by accident about 10 years ago. They are gold colored alu, they look like they might be DT brand. The bag has stamped on it 15-3.875. What the hell do they fit on? super skinny road bike spokes?

Probably 15-16-15 double butted DT. Before the whole craze of high-end wheels, a nice set of Nisi mixers or Araya Aeros, 32 hole Campy hubs, DT double butted spokes in 15/16 gauge, with aluminum nipples was about as cool as you could get. With tubular tires!

When I first started at the bike shop- we would still lace up wheels to customer specs. Now everyone wants to order wheelsets from Shimano, Mavic, Crank Bros, etc.

I still have a pair of tubulars on Dura Ace hubs (pre-casette) with Fiber Flight spokes. Talk about fragile- I don't ride them anymore, because the spokes would pop apart just riding.:censor:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom