Spill timing 2h? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Reading through the stuff on spill timing.
Maybe another dumb question, but do do all of the injector hard lines need to be connected to get diesel coming through the number 1 outlet? If any besides the spill tube?
After all, it is the first injector pump port to pump isn't it?

It would be easier to access the rear nuts of the pump without the hard lines. Don't mind spilling diesel everywhere.

But all the pics I can find has everything attached.

I do it with all of the lines removed

Thanks Duncan, did you use a spill tube or just the top of the pump outlet? If a tube how long?
In the fsm it says short as possible , the pic looks about 40mm long.

Yep a short tube.. an old injector line cut down.. its probably around 40mm, after installing you have to crank the engine a little to fill it up. I find it impossible to do the spill timing alone you have to watch the tube like a hawk whilst someone rotates the crank.

Man! Everyone is right about those two rear pump nuts, don't always bless mr. toyoda and complete commiserations to those working on timing in the bay.

Had to get out every 14mm and to find what worked..
1669002856001.png

1669003073224.png

Spectacular engine.. well done.

Is this going in a 47 ?

Spectacular engine.. well done.

Is this going in a 47 ?
well gosh thank you, looks shiny anyway! some trepidation my first engine build, a lot can go wrong. But everything the best I can do. Been really enjoyable and always wanted to build a car head to toe. Best thing to come out of melbourne lock downs.

If she runs it should be good, noordeman performance cam, extractors , all viton hoses and seals for potential biodiesel, new valves, lifters, rods, pistons, rings, bearings ome as possible, rebuilt pump..

fooling around with edic but seriously thinking a bowden cable is just one less thing to go wrong . There is a guy on ebay doing reasonably priced edic relay circuit boards from Czech. So I have all the edic stuff which works ok, But I liked the bowden on my old b engine in a bj40.

I would have loved a 47, but near impossible to get with my budget. She is going in a troopy hj75.
Your posts have been really helpful Duncan, thank you.

fooling around with edic but seriously thinking a bowden cable is just one less thing to go wrong . There is a guy on ebay doing reasonably priced edic relay circuit boards from Czech. So I have all the edic stuff which works ok, But I liked the bowden on my old b engine in a bj40.

I would have loved a 47, but near impossible to get with my budget. She is going in a troopy hj75.

Nice, the Bowden cable is a good option.. try and get a setup that Locks Off for safety, the starter relay in my 47 shorted out a few weeks ago and the vehicle took off over the street under starter motor power with little puffs of unburnt diesel - had the engine been hot, it would have 100% started up.

What a piece of

What a piece of beauty, congrats mate!
It seems to be a post 1985 2H.

Any info on the Czech guy doing EDIC relay circuit boards please? At least he is not far away from Germany...
thank you, yep 1986, mind you I like the idea of sleeves and centrifuge oil cleaner on the early. Centrifuge and secondary ultra fine oil filter is meant to be the ultimate in clean oil. But it was what was available for my budget.
I won't get carried away with celebrations until she runs.

the edic relay;

Looks well made, the circuit board is proper copper, looks well made, like better than ome. Haven't hooked it up yet, but I certainly get the impression this guy is very good, very bright and fair. There is heaps of greedy parts dealers out there who want too much.

sodafeld1 said on the EDIC circuit board made in the Czech Republic:
"Looks well made, the circuit board is proper copper, looks well made, like better than ome. Haven't hooked it up yet, but I certainly get the impression this guy is very good, very bright and fair. There is heaps of greedy parts dealers out there who want too much."

Oh mate, thank you so much!

@sodafeld1 said on his 1986 2H engine:
"...yep 1986, mind you I like the idea of sleeves and centrifuge oil cleaner on the early. Centrifuge and secondary ultra fine oil filter is meant to be the ultimate in clean oil. But it was what was available for my budget."

I totally agree and I wish I could find a pre 1985 engine for my FJ45 swap. I couldn't and I bought recently a 1985 2H I found in Germany, that was available for my budget...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom