Specific Tire Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2002 4Runner limited. Completely stock at the moment but about to put on an OME lift. I am thinking I want to slightly upsize the tires. I have spent hours reading threads on multiple forums trying to figure out the "best" tires for me. There are just too many options and too many opinions. I have read and reread all the Tire Rack tests. 95% of my driving is on pavement. I need good wet traction and good snow performance. I am looking for an On/Off road AT. Cost is not a consideration. Performance in rain and snow is. So instead of asking what tire should I get, I am asking for reasons not to buy one of the tires listed below. So please, anyone with experience with these tires, tell me why you wouldn't buy them again.

The candidates are: Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S

Nitto Terra Grappler

Michelin LTX A/T2

Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015

I appreciate your input.

of those choices i like the coopers, they wear like iron and their good in the snow and rain. the nittos are a good choice as well, we had them on one of the plow trucks at work and they did fine. the michelins i think are over rated, you can do better for less money. the yokos are ok but i would pass on them thats a mostly highway tread design and not rally get much in the way of at performance.

I have had the Yokohama and Michelin, and they kick ass in the snow and rain. If you want a more aggressive tire sidewall and tread go with coopers if you want a more road oriented tire go with Michelins and if you want to be somewhat in-between the Yokohama's. know nothing about the nittos but a few people I know love them and I trust their opinion

the yokos are ok but i would pass on them thats a mostly highway tread design and not rally get much in the way of at performance.

had the yokohamas and they were great in the dirt/rocks and preformed as well as any other a/t tire in the mud also was way better than the previous set of pre K02 bfg a/t in rain and snow

anyway reasons not to get each tire:

Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S - aggressive sidewall and tread = bad mpg

Nitto Terra Grappler - aggressive tire = bad mpg

Michelin LTX A/T2 - more road oriented and doesnt look cool and aggressive

Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 - dont get because naming tires with letter/number codes is dumb also not super aggressive and cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom