Speaker upgrade - looking for some advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Same here. I did the same thing at the back however I did trim the sheet metal inside the door to mount a 6.5" speaker and added a 1/2" spacer. I've got some rattling that occurs with the rear speakers and I need to pull them apart and add some sound deadening.

I installed the spacer many years ago with the Polks but didn't bother checking if the Infinity's required the same spacer. I'm going to see what the absolute slimmest spacer is that I can fit without the speakers contacting structure on the inside of the door.

IMG_4822.jpeg
IMG_4823.jpeg
Howdy all. I received my speakers and have begun the front door speaker install. There are two sets of wires coming thought the door jamb, one set (red black) goes to the motor for the window, the second thinner set (blue green) goes to an unused connector. Can someone please confirm this is the surplus door speaker wire before I cut and connect it to the new speakers? I’ve tried stuffing wires attached to the speaker into the connector but can’t get sound (not sure if the wires are making their way far enough into the connector)

For reference, the set of wires going to the dash speaker is brown orange and of similar gauge.

Cheers!

UPDATE: While I was waiting for a response I started on the drivers side dash speaker and saw the same green-blue wire that is in the passenger door. Possible that the previous owner added his own orange-brown wire to the passenger dash speaker?

UPDATE 2: I pulled the connector from the passenger door to expose the bare blue and green wires, looks like no power signal is coming through. Perhaps not connected to the OE radio/amp from factory?

UPDATE 3: My curiosity was getting to me so I got under the front kick panel to find where the front door speaker cables run to and if they were connected. Found the large multi-pin connecter and where the green-blue cables run in to, and there were no cables running out from the corresponding sockets on the other side of the connector — the door speaker wires terminated into the connector and went no further. I confirmed this by temporarily wiring the dash speaker wires into the empty door speaker locations on the connector and go sound coming through the door wires. I now have a plan on how to wire the door speakers with the dash speaker wires for a 4x front and rear door speaker solution.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom