spark plug gap for 2000 Honda Civic? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
whats the gap for plugs on a 2000 honda civic CX?

and has anybody used these quad tipped platinum plugs? my uncle has an 02 civic that he put them in and he says his gas mileage went up about 2/3 miles per gallon. mine needs a tune up anyway and that is the type of savings I could recoup rather quickly with gas where it is now. I had heard of dual tipped like splitfire and such but quad tipped? seems kinda like overkill but hey look at my 80.:eek:

1st - splitfire are junk. They are a crappy plug with a fork in the end.

2nd - multi-side electrodes provide a more consistent spark longer because the spark will have a different path to ground as the other tips wear. They will not provide better short term gas mileage because they have more tips.

In a Honda I would use NGK or Denso platinums gapped at .044, I believe.

Could always check the emissions sticker under the hood.

In a Honda I would use NGK or Denso platinums gapped at .044, I believe.

Could always check the emissions sticker under the hood.

Tanx Gummer.

Dats what I needed.

Oh poor little tin can has 200K so all the stickers are so worn you can't read them any more thats why I asked.

you need to run NGK V-power ZFR5F-11 2262 .044

i would NOT use platinum plugs. they are designed for Coil On Plug and HEI (not Chevy) applications.
they are designed to operate at higher voltages and are designed to run a backwards ground, as opposed to standard plugs.

you need to run NGK V-power ZFR5F-11 2262 .044

i would NOT use platinum plugs. they are designed for Coil On Plug and HEI (not Chevy) applications.
they are designed to operate at higher voltages and are designed to run a backwards ground, as opposed to standard plugs.

Got any empirical evidence for that claim?

Got any empirical evidence for that claim?
i have been looking online for somthing. no luck it wasnt somthing i read.

through my auto repair shop, Snap On was hired to give classes on things. they offer seven or so different courses. I took four. one of those four was an ignition course.
it was this course where i learned this. take it or leave it.

OK.

I was just wondering how a platinum plug wouldn't work in a regular application. The idea of the platinum is that it gets hotter and burns off impurities, much like it does in a catalytic converter, and that it survives high temps of combustion better so it doesn't erode like a steel electrode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom