Southerner comin' up for a visit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey fellow cruiserheads,

Im from Auburn, AL and for spring break I am coming up to Denver for a few days and then planning hiking the Colorado Trail with some buddies. I was wondering if yall could give me some advise on what sections of the Colorado Trail to go on and what the weather usually is like at the end of March and early April. We will be up there from March 25-April 1. Also any suggestions on things to do. I wish i was bringing my 60, but it would be a long as drive. Sorry i made a thread not about wheelin', but any advice would be great. Thanx!

War Eagle!
Nick

Hmm... I couldint tell ya about the hiking thing.. ive done some in my day but not enughf to tell you the best spots.. Rising Sun is the denver Club, you may get a better responce their..

all i know is plan on Aclimating to 10,000 feet for a few days before you try a 14,000 Fter..

Have fun man, you may just end up needing to move here ;)

that time of year is like all year you never know what the weather will do.
Just prepare yourself for any type

In 97 i think it was march or april. We got a freak storm shut down colorado springs for three days killed severall people on I25
And got me out of work for 5 days it was sad but fun.

I am not trying to scare you away. Come and have some fun

Slamma Bamma

We have been getting tons of snow here this year. Most of the stuff above about 8,000 feet will probibly still be snow covered.

Thanks for the information, my friends and I are preparing for the worst. We got a lot of snow stuff and some good sleeping bags and equipment. I cant wait to get out there and see everything. I hope it snows some cause down here in Alabama we dont see too much of that, but i wouldnt wanna been a storm. We are staying in Denver for till Monday then going on the trails. I was going to try and put a post on the rising sun site, but do you have to register to post on there ?

Nick

yeap.. you need to register but you don't need to be a member to post on the RS Forum.

Be prepared for anything from a blizzard to t-shirt weather. I'd venture to say your going to need some shoes too. From waterton canyon into the foothills you'll be ok but most of the trail is going to have a couple feet plus on it.

Which sections do you plan on doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom