SOR sliding rear windows for 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm thinking about buying the sliding 40 series windows that SOR sells. Has anyone else bought or seen these installed and if so are they worth the $240.00?

I know someone who bought the rear sliders foa a FJ60 and had nothing but problems with getting them properly installed. I believe he ended up putting the factory units back in because the install required alot of filler (tar) and looked like crap.

The 40's might be different tho ;)

[quote author=Trev link=board=1;threadid=6017;start=msg47944#msg47944 date=1065474623]
I'm thinking about buying the sliding 40 series windows that SOR sells. Has anyone else bought or seen these installed and if so are they worth the $240.00?
[/quote]

Why do you want those? You gotta Dog?

Hundred ways you can spend $240 and do more for your cruiser (rack, winch bumper, rims, new seats, stereo, new hubs, tools, on board air tank, CB, lights, sliders, half doors, bikini top, door seals, rear bumper, hitch, ...) Fawk glass, bitch to open with the roll bar in the way and one well placed tree branch (smash).

My 2 cents

I have SOR's sliding windows in both my FJ40 and FJ60. I got the ones for the 40 first. Very easy installation, very good fit. It took about an hour and a half total to install both. They make an amazing difference moving the air through, which is important here in the desert. If you're keeping your top on, I think they are well worth the price.
Then I got the ones for the 60. Installation is a major bitch. The stock window flange is slightly convex, top to bottom. The replacement frame is flat. You have to bend the inward turning flange on the body to something approaching flat in order to get the windows to fit and to seal. I tried hammers and other tools, ending up using some very large visegrips and channel locks to bend the flanges. Just work slowly and evenly from the edges towards the middle. (Also, the hardware package was 4 screws short. They really should do better than this). But, it was well worth the trouble. Like the 40, it really moves the air through, keeping the back cool. I have 4 large dogs, and they love it.
Aside from the installation issues on the 60, both units are pretty well made. They are tinted a nice dark smoke color, and have black screens. I consider it money well spent.

did the later 40's come with sliding glass stock? just curious as ive seen one in a junkyard with the sliding glass, might be cheaper to find a hardtop from an newer one.
are they 240 apiece?

The later models had pop-outs, not sliders.. How much can you get those sliders from the wrecking yard for? My 76 would love some sliders! Post 77 had the pop-outs.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom