Some Rescue Pups (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

little_joe

SILVER Star
Threads
Our first dog was a pit bull rescue, after Rex passed August of 2008 we decided to assist pit bull rescues. We've since brought in 2 other rescues to live with us, but here are some photos of pups we've pulled from shelters and fostered. All of them have been adopted out to great families.

Sid and Iggy were the first 2 we pulled. They were living in a shack eating garbage and their own waste. They were disgusting and sickly, but we got them to great health right away.
IMG_0122.JPG

We went to a shelter to pull a little white pit and saw 2 more there that we couldn't leave. Thus the 3 came home.
IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

This little chunky boy was an absolute riot:
IMG_0346.JPG

These three were pulled by Jason of Friends to the Forlorn Pit Rescue in GA, we did a temp foster and transport. They were absolutely stunning and from the same litter. I wanted to keep the little brindle boy.
IMG_0244.JPG

Bernie was with us a short while as we did a transport/short-term foster. One of the mellowest dudes I've ever come across, just a real joy.
IMG_0303.JPG

This is Jacob, whom we pulled from the county shelter for a rescue group, and we ended up keeping him. As you can see, his crate training went very well.

IMG_0338.JPG

We adopted Rudy almost 2 years ago, the boy has some serious issues but is a great dog and is attached to my hip.
IMG_0735.JPG

And our little Rex when we adopted him in 1996, at 3 months of age. Best. Dog. Ever.
rexie.jpg

Anyone else involved in rescue? We can't foster any longer b/c Rudy has bad dog aggression, but it was so rewarding to assist in rescue, especially for pits primarily to help try and repair their reputation.

We don't foster, but both of ours are rescues.

Cute dogs...I'll get totally flamed for this, but Pits get a bad rap.

I used to be pretty closed minded about Pits before I met a few that were just awesome. My neighbor has one that is one of the sweetest and well mannered dogs around.

Joe. Thanks for all your work.

We foster for a breed rescue. All our own dogs have been either former rescue or shelter animals. Our last foster was for six weeks. We socialized him and did basic obedience. We matched him up with a great family over 100 miles away. Cairn Terrier living with an Irish Wolfhound. Guess who's become the boss.

Good work fellow bully breed rescuer! The world needs more of us!

We rescued ours from Sacrimento 2 years ago, and never regreted it. They are the perfect dog.

Thanks for posting up. I've done the gamut, from pure-bred to rescue to fostering, and every part has its ups and downs.

My most recent foster was dropped at my vets w/a back injury and other trauma, while in season. Ms Radio has found her furever family w/my sister, waking the teenaged humans in order to get them to school on time.

Great job w/the pitties, and thanks for taking on some hard-luck cases. They clearly thrive in your environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom