***SOLD*** 1995 4Runner - The Epic Mobile is for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, the Epic Mobile is finally up for sale. I have other projects I'm working on and the wife won't let me sink any more cash into this one. Over the past five years I've put over $20,000 of mods and repairs into it and I've built it into a pretty darn capable off road toy. It's about as capable a 2nd gen 4Ruuner as can be built without doing an SAS.

The good news is the extensive list of mods and new parts that are on it. The bad news is it needs some engine work. **FULL DISCLOSURE** The engine runs, but I know the lower end is in need of repair or replacement. I haven't had a mechanic diagnose it for certain, but I believe at least one or more bearings need replacement along with possibly the oil pump. Symptoms are that it diesels under load and the oil pressure drops after about 10-15 minutes of driving. Around town and point to point it runs fine and you'll be able to drive it home. The upper half of the engine is nearly brand new. I had new heads installed in September of ?05 and the 4Runner has only seen about 5000 miles since then.

Regardless, I'm selling this vehicle priced at a point that it accounts for the assumption that you'd be putting an entirely new engine in it. This is the 3rd engine I have had in it and my prices for the previous engines ranged from $1500 - $2500 for the engine, parts, and labor. If there were no issues with the engine I'd list this for sale at $7500. I'm asking $4900 for it. For someone who wants a project or someone who is able to do the engine work themselves this would be a screamin' deal. For someone who is going to have someone else do the work, for an additional $2500 you will have a very capable off road toy for years to come without sinking tons of money into the mods. I've already done that for you.

Here's a break down of what I've done to it. Everything is included:

Audio and cosmetic

- Global window tint; limo dark all around expect for the driver/passenger windows which are 20%. = $200
- 160 sq. feet of Second Skin Audio Damplifier sound deadening material. I spent several weekends sound proofing the 4Runner and this stuff is literally in every nook and cranny I could stuff it in. = $350
- Python 2-stage car alarm with two starter kill switches, peizo interior siren, and battery backup. Remote entry key FOB. = $400
- Panasonic CD player head unit with Sirius satellite radio interface installed. = $500
- Infinity Kappa 6.5" front speakers = $250
- Infinity 4" front speakers = $80
- C4 Audio 4-channel amplifier 1200 watt = $300
- Sylvania SilverStar headlights = $45
- Brand new headlamp housings for both headlights = $250
- Hella 500 driving lamps = $75
- Mr. Alternator HO 150 amp alternator = $220

Off Road

- (5) Nearly new BFG TA K/O 32x11.50 tires. The four tires have less than 2000 miles on them. The spare is brand new. I bought these and the black steel rims from Discount Tire last year. = $1200
- Downey HD 1.5" lift rear coil springs = $200
- SDORI 2" coil spring spacers = $80
- SDORI 1.5" ball joint spacers = $120
- TJM T15 front bumper = $750
- Bud Built skid plate = $250
- Stubb's Sliders (custom build not offered on his site) = $300
- Sonoran Steel IFS truss = $85
- Sonoran Steel Diff drop bar = $140
- Warn manual locking hubs = $125
- Rancho RS9000x rear shocks = $200
- Rancho RS5000s front shocks = $120
- 4:88 gearing = $2000
- Detroit soft locker (rear) = $550
- Detroit TruTrac limited slip diff (front) = $300

Engine and Performance

- Downey ceramic coated headers = $625
- Dynomax muffler and custom built 2 1/4" cat back exhaust system = $500
- NGK spark plug wires = $45
- K&N FIPK (modified) = $200
- Tru-Cool LPD transmission cooler = $75

A lot more has been done in terms of preventative and required maintenance. Regular oil changes, new spark plugs and distributor cap, Brembo rotors and Performance Friction brakes pads just to name a few. I have all maintenance records and receipts. Cosmetically it's in reasonably good shape with only one decent sized dent in the left rear panel from trail damage. Aside from the engine repair the only other things currently missing is a rear bumper. I was in the middle of saving to purchase or have one fabbed for me when I decided to stop sinking money into the project. Other than that, this is ready to get put to some heavy duty use on the trail.

I'm asking $4500 and I'm willing to entertain offers. Feel free to contact me or post here with questions. I'm also willing to accept guns and/or ammo as partial value of the deal, especially if you live in state.

Ed

Last edited:
Here are some of the pics
:
IMG_3497.jpg

IMG_3498.jpg

IMG_3500.jpg

IMG_3502.jpg

IMG_3499.jpg

IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_3501.jpg

IMG_3504.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3507.jpg

IMG_3506.jpg

Bumper stickers all included for free. :hillbill:

Ed

Bump for price drop to $4500. Please note -- I'm also willing to accept guns and/or ammo as part of the deal. OR -- make me an offer!! If you have any interest in this vehicle as a wheeling project, shoot me and email and let's see what we can work out.

Ed

What happened to the epic back bumper?

It got a little crunched running Martinez Canyon so I just took it off. I was going to have a nice one fabbed up to match the TJM, but then started having engine problems again and the wife won't let me sink any more money into it. There are a couple of nice options for aftermarket bumpers -- Steve Shaefer (Sonoran Steel) actually used my 4Runner to build his jig for the 2nd gen 4Runner bumpers he used to build, but he has since given up doing bumpers altogether due to a poor time:energy:dollar ratio. I may be able to convince him to build one more for my rig but it wouldn't be cheap -- in the $800-$1000 ballpark.

There are a couple of other options. These guy make a decent product for about $600:

http://irbisoffroad.com/bumpers_rear.asp

And these have been popular with the 2nd gen owners on Yotatech:

http://www.bigcountrycustoms.com/bumpers/toyota.shtml

I also have a friend who has his original 2nd gen bumper for sale. I can probably pick that up for about $100.

Ed

4-Runner

Is the 4-Runner still Available?

Ray

Yep. Sent you a PM.

Ed

Epic Mobile -- sold. Take good care of her, Ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom