So what’s the secret to putting the tailgate hinges back together? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If I put the tailgate rod where it goes I can’t attach the hinges. If I attach the hinges I can’t get the rod in place. There must be a secret to this?

image.jpg

There must be a secret to this?
Exactly what Scraps is showing in his pictures.
Bolt the hinge assembly to the pig first and hold the passengers side out with a block of wood "then" bolt the tail gate to the hinges.

It was a b*tch just getting the screws OUT on mine to remove it. Want to say at least three of them stripped or broke heads. Something else I’m looking forward to sourcing soon - metic, countersink, Phillips-head fasteners. Gob with anti-seize.

It was a b*tch just getting the screws OUT on mine to remove it. Want to say at least three of them stripped or broke heads. Something else I’m looking forward to sourcing soon - metic, countersink, Phillips-head fasteners. Gob with anti-seize.

Ah yiss...

mvc-780f-jpg.875933

thanks @PabloCruise I'll have to see if I can get that tension bolt loose, that may help. I tried using a crescent wrench but i could see it would damage the paint so I quit trying. I'll prob monkey with it some more tonight.

Wrap a shop rag before crescent wrench...

@jmack load bolt is not out. Being the kind of man that i am, i didn't think to look at any kind of diagrams before trying to assemble, ha ha. I figured it was a few bolts so can't be that hard. Channel the bar rides in is clear as I just dismantled to paint. I'll retract the bolt tonight and see if I can't get it in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom