So many choices so little time (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

awesomeissquid

SILVER Star
Threads
So how does everyone figure out which tires to go with? I have been trying to decide, but it seems there are either mixed reviews on forums, biased reviews on blogs or youtube videos, or just no information at all besides the manufacturer info. I am thinking my primary uses will be pavement driving, offroading in the Sierras (sharp granite), and travel in snow.

I have narrowed it down to the following 6, so if anyone can throw in some input or point me in the direction of someone who might know more I would appreciate it.

1. Falken Wildpeak A/T3W (concern about compound change)
  2. BFG KO2 (not DT)
  3. Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/ Kevlar (not 3PMSF like the rest)
  4. Falken Rubitrek
  5. Toyo Open Country AT3
  6. Goodyear Duratrak

I'm a newb to this all and I bought some new tires for my GX460 this week. My criteria was pretty similar to your yours. For me I narrowed my list down to a few models that fit my criteria (it looked about like yours), then I decided to go with price and availability (seems like Covid has impacted the supply chain -
I was going to go with some KO2 with a Costco special, but they are on backorder with no date for availability). I ended up finding some Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 's for $160 online and had Discount Tire match the price for me.

A few other tires you could throw on the list are Firestone and Cooper.

Last edited:
Appreciate the input! I was thinking about some of the Cooper tires too. It seems like its really a coin toss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom