Sniper Killswitch/Immobilizer - Weekend Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A recent episode from the MCM guys down under about theft got my thinking - with a bit of trickery, one can actually add a bit of an "immobilizer switch" to the Holley Sniper. The simple Snipers we run only have two ground-trigger inputs, but one thing you can control with that is a secondary rev limiter...

...and if you set that threshold really low, like 30RPM, it'll prevent actually prevent a start.

So, weekend project: I need to dig out the pinout diagram for that connector and reloom that input-1 wire. From there, I just need to install a covert switch somewhere - either with a small hidden toggle, or perhaps an unused OEM option on the dash.

If someone still wants to steal it, they'll get it with a rollback and a winch - but seems pretty quick and easy, and every little bit helps. It's also easier than pulling fuses or pulling the fuel pump relay...

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 6.50.10 PM.png

Works as expected, and a super quick job - prob 30 mins at best.

Pin "B" is what you need on the main input/output harness (the one with the white coil wire) - mine is brown as I de-loomed and re-loomed, but it was originally yellow on the harness if you didn't.

Program it like the above setting, ground that wire out, and it'll kill the ignition - easy peasy. I just put a switch in cab that I can flip when I want to (but I won't say where or which 😆 ) - but all that switch needs to do is tie to ground when toggled. On a side note, it doesn't kill the fuel (much like if it was carb'd), so if you do a longer crank with it enabled, it will flood the engine a bit. There's obviously other ways to do it, but this is somewhat nice in that it's not a load-bearing switch in the ignition circuit, but just a simple switched-ground input to the ECU.

One could actually also do like a "valet" mode too if you wanted - limit RPM to 800 or the like when enabled, just depends on what you set the limiter to in the Sniper software.

The secondary limiter config is under the Spark tab (top), rev limiters tab (side).

PXL_20220514_211804872.MP.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 5.15.56 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom