Smoked Chuckie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sounds good!

I've been playing with SMF lately too, good information to be learned there!

I have been a member for 1 1/2 years. It is an awesome forum.
The thread by Squirrel is hilarious. Now I need to do a chucky.

both methods seem to have a sauce of some sort. do you think this is necessary or just good to do? not that I don't like sauces...I'm just curious how chuckie would taste w/o sauce...would it be too dry?

regardless...I think I'll give it a try this weekend...

both methods seem to have a sauce of some sort. do you think this is necessary or just good to do? not that I don't like sauces...I'm just curious how chuckie would taste w/o sauce...would it be too dry?

regardless...I think I'll give it a try this weekend...

Chuck, if smoked without sauce, just season, will turn out alot like pulled brisket. It's darn good eats, if you ask me.

I don't take to sauces, myself, and find that if I need a braising liquid for a smoke (like a chuck) then whatever beer I'm drinking (usually the dark stuff) will suffice.
from personal experience, and a reference to the NorCal of which you are said to Doug, Boont Amber Ale's pretty good on a beef roast.
Really good with smoked beef too, Anchor Steam's another great brew from our home state, but I often feel that the first half of the bottle is great, but finishing it is a chore.

BOT: If you find a chuck roast with enough intramuscular fat, then you won't need to braise, just keep the temp low, and the day slow, pull it at 200 IT, wrap in foil, seran, and towels, park in a vacant cooler and let it rest a few hours, this last rest is critical, because it's the final cookdown of all the connective tissue.

Good Luck!

Bought a chuck roast yesterday and seasoned it with my bbq rub.
wrapped it up and held it in the fridge overnight.
photo (5).jpg
photo (4).jpg

fired up the kettle late this morning.
placed the chuck roasts on once the coals were hot.
some hickory chips were added for some nice smoke.
:cool:
photo (3).jpg

wrapped the roasts on foil (as suggested in the SMF links) after 3 hours.
then removed the roasts once the internal temp reached 200 F.
I let them rest for about an hour, then unwrapped and pulled them apart.

It was really good. With some bbq sauce, it was really good.
Not the quite the same as brisket, but it didn't require nearly as much time on either.

:cool:
photo (1).jpg
photo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom