Slip indicator light and abs light on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just changed out the upper ball joints on my FJ today. The slip indicator light and the “abs” lights came on as I took the FJ out for a test drive does anyone know what this means? I unbolted the wire to the wheel sensor to keep loose before pressing on/off the ball joints and the wire and wire connection are still intact on all four wheel sensors. A few other things to consider would be that I picked up a lot of dust from two big trips in my rig and there was a lot of ice and slush picked up from the recent weather here in Texas, any input regarding these lights would be appreciated.

I just changed out the upper ball joints on my FJ today. The slip indicator light and the “abs” lights came on as I took the FJ out for a test drive does anyone know what this means? I unbolted the wire to the wheel sensor to keep loose before pressing on/off the ball joints and the wire and wire connection are still intact on all four wheel sensors. A few other things to consider would be that I picked up a lot of dust from two big trips in my rig and there was a lot of ice and slush picked up from the recent weather here in Texas, any input regarding these lights would be appreciated.
Removing the sensor with the ignition on may have tripped a trouble code hey. I would suggest resetting the computer. Do you have a odb2 scanner to reset it?

I have had these come on after suspension work too. They always ended up going away. Could disconnect the battery for a bit. See if they reset.
if not closely check the wires for damage.

Removing the sensor with the ignition on may have tripped a trouble code hey. I would suggest resetting the computer. Do you have a odb2 scanner to reset it?

I plugged in the obd2 reader and it didn’t say anything but ill wait and see..

Gotta be a wheel speed sensor issue, but get the codes read. Often a high end code reader can tell you what wheel speed sensor is throwing the code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom