skids plates in the mud (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The other day, I got stuck in the mud. Mud that was almost like quick sand. I sank down to the frame as I dug a deeper and deeper hole. Part of the problem was I could not go forward due to water, and my Cruiser never does as well in reverse.

With better care, I could have avoided the situation. But I had never been stuck as hopelessly as this and got a bit arrogant about my traction.

Fortunately, a local gentleman in a pickup truck pulled me out. He tilted 45 degrees in a brave and expert effort to dislodge my Cruiser.

This got me thinking: how would skid plates, which I still haven't installed due to weight concerns, have helped or worsened the situation? Would they have helped me from packing the frame? Anyone have insights on this?

Meanwhile, I'll be getting a Pull-Pal for my northeast travels.

Last edited:
Consider a bog out as a rarely used self-rescue device option.

Consider a bog out as a rarely used self-rescue device option.

Yes, it's going to be that or a second hitch mount winch in the rear, along with a Pull-Pal. But one thing I learned from my recent mis-adventure was how time-consuming and dirty things can get when they're made of fiber and stored in bags and you're stuck in deep mud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom